A Conversation for Ask h2g2

hello?

Post 21

Saturnine

Ah, it's usually quite quiet on a weekend anyway. A lot of people hootoo from work. smiley - winkeye

hello?

Post 22

Susanne - if it ain't broke, break it!

smiley - laughazahar, believe it or not, there are actually advantages if you speak german. I can read some great ones in the original language (Marx, Freud, Goethe, well don't like him that much, but maybe will some day, Kant, Brecht, Dürrenmatt,...). what is missing, is some real good comedy in german, that's why I love english, Stephen Fry, etc.smiley - smiley

hello?

Post 23

Zyrak(now with added missing tag)

hevenly devil. liam. why are you acting like a new researcher again in this thread, we already know that this is another account of yours,

hello?

Post 24

Saturnine

Shhhhhhhh zyrak. smiley - winkeye

hello?

Post 25

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> ..what is missing, is some real good comedy in german..<<

Yah, dis is an ongoing problem.
The German stereotype is devoid of humour.

But things are changing.
Stand up comedy has come to Germany. Yes, it's true, German stand up comics. They began by performing for free in late-nite laundromats where they had a captive audience.

It has proved so popular and been so succesful that this new 'nightwash' humour is spreading a smile across der Fatherland. They even have it on TV there now, late nite comedy live from a local coin-operated laundry. It is called 'Nightwash'. I kid you not.

http://www.nightwash.de/

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~

hello?

Post 26

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

And from such myrth of the great comedy of the nightwash, does another being of the night issue forth, and that also is good.

Key: Complain about this post