A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Bog Etiqutte - The Floater

Post 1

Trout Montague

After the success of A972290 Bog Roll - Over, Under or Not at All? I have another toilet etiqutte quandary that requires resolution, or at least will benefit from lively debate.

It concerns the floater, the fecal element that fights the flush and just don't go with the flow. How to deal with it?

I see three immediate options:

1) Hang around and flush again. Ok if you've got time to spare but awkward if you're at a party or something.

2) Cover it with a**e fodder and walk away. Someone else will deal with it.

3) Try to propel it round the u-bend with the wee brush that bogs are equipped with.

Let me know.

Post 2

Ancient Brit

There is another option Doc.
Get it done and never look back.

Post 3

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

add more loo paper and re-flush

Post 4

Serephina

Definately stop n wait to flush it..you can't just leave it there smiley - ill

Post 5

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Hit it with the bog brush to break it up, then re-flush.

What a wonderful subject for 0930 in the morning...

smiley - ale

Post 6

Teuchter

A certain breakfast cereal is now known in our house as "Fruit&Floater" because of all the problems it caused.smiley - flustered
The solution at home is to pile bog-paper on top and go back later to re-flush once sufficient water has been absorbed to make the thing heavy enough to go round the U-bend.

We have two loos at work, neither of which have a flush of sufficient 'ooomph' to make anything disappear. Members of staff have been known to disappear for hours - and, judging by the state of the bog-brush and the amount of bog-roll we go through, several different methods are used to 'wave-friends-off-to-the-sea'.

To add another dimension to the thread - what do you do when you go into a cubicle in a public loo and there's a 'smiling-wee-jobbie' waiting for you?

Post 7

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Hubby's solution: smiley - blush

Hit it with the mix master and then re flush

(I am sooooooooooo embarrassed)

If I hadn't had a few smiley - redwine I wouldn't reply to this smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin

Post 8

Ancient Brit

The thread needs definitions and parameters.
eg. Male bogs, female bogs, private bogs and public bogs.
the good old British deep bog and the Continental shallow bog.
A distintion needs to be made between the Floater and the Bloater. smiley - biggrin

Post 9

I shall never use my mixmaster again......

Post 10

FunkyP.

Yuk, how can anyone do no. 2's in a public toilet anyway? I mean, I know men do, but as a female, I just couldn't do it!!

Post 11

Trout Montague

What's a bloater? Is it one of those lazy logs that just sits in the sump, stewing, too heavy to flush?

What's a mix-master? Sounds like a kitchen appliance adapted for unsavoury delights in toiletville.

I can't imagine I'd leave a floater unattended in any lavvy. Although I'd be keener to disguise my activity when I couldn't ensure my anonymity. Like in a domestic shituation.

Post 12

a mix master is a small handheld beater..

usually used to make fruit smoothies or c*cktails, alas I shall in future go smoothieless.....smiley - sadface

Post 13

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Eww, now that is *gross*, even by my standards. Why couldn't he use the bog brush, or a bit of wood, or *anything* apart from a kitchen appliance? smiley - ill

smiley - ale

Post 14

Calamity Schrodinger - The wild cat who walks by her wild self

I can only begin to imagine what Granny would do if she caught any of us using household appliances to deal with this slight problem, of court etiquette.

I've asked around a bit. The trolls favour tearing the loo out and fitting a new one. The bloody Knockers favour building a better loo (my advice, don't use it, you'll end up at see with the offending jobbie). Most of us (saving her Majesty, (who's sh8t don't stink, obviously), leave this delicate problem to the Boggans. What the hell else are they for?

Though one must congratulate the house on finding something that is gross by Kerr's standards...

smiley - blackcat

Post 15

I only just found out about it

apparently he tried the the brush bit but it didn't work so he had the smiley - eureka idea of the mixmaster......ommitting to tell me

men!

if I didn't smiley - love him to bits...........

He still doesn't understand why I got up and put the mixmaster in the bin...........

Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 16

Flanker

smiley - erm If isn't a rude question "What the h*ll was your other half doing with a mixmaster in the bathroom anyway smiley - huh

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - wah

smiley - surfer

Post 17

Hey, no one ever claimed that we liked 'em for the brains...smiley - winkeye

Or there bowels, household etiquette or really very much else at all.smiley - erm

smiley - blackcat

Post 18

I'm a shiftworker (for 1/2 the year)..... so he could have done it at any time... I wasn't going to ask for detailssmiley - erm

He does have the most gorgeous chest and smile and.....................smiley - drool

Post 19

Thats just the window dressing though. No need to go overboard, you know. smiley - winkeye

smiley - shark

Post 20

He still thanks me for making dinner (this is after 6 years together)

so

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more