Post 1

Golfy (Researcher 106142)

A UFO...
A Ghost...
Angels...
Fairies...
Loch Ness Monster...
or any other really wierd stuff ??

Am I just not observant, or do these things not exist, or are they "Unknown" (See Unknown) ?

Why haven't I seen....?

Post 2

Dilapidated

I too have seen none of the above, but I have a theory (as yet untested, so probably more of a conjecture).

Some people are more sensitive than others to "paranormal" objects and possibly attract them. This sensitivity could well be hereditary. The sole basis for this theory is my wife and her mother. Between them they seem to have led an almost Fortean life. To whit:

Both my wife and my mother in law have frequently experienced ghosts through sight, sound, smell and sixth sense. I won't bore you with all of them, but both have heard my wife's maternal grandmother breathing, coming down the strairs (corroborated by a growling dog) and have smelt her perfume. My wife also saw a ghost at our old place of work. Most recently we visited a pub in Salisbury. In one particular room my wife constantly felt someone was creeping up on her (despite having her back to the wall) and couldn't get out fast enough. I felt nothing. (I'd be interested in any similar experiences in the same pub)

We went on holiday to Cornwall. My wife saw the beast of Bodmin while waiting for me to come back to the car.

About four years ago my mother in law witnessed ball lightning in her own kitchen.

My mother in law also had a teapot stand disappear and reappear where it disappeared several weeks later.

No UFOs or Loch Ness Monsters (yet).

That's probably a little more information than you needed to know, but I hope it has given you some thought. In summary, if you haven't seen anything yet, my theory says you probably never will.

Why haven't I seen....?

Post 3

Wax EP Nut

Was the Salisbury pub the Rose & Crown by any chance? Was a peanut involved?

See my homepage for clarification.

Why haven't I seen....?

Post 4

The Groob

I have seen an object in the sky my friends and I couldn't identifity, so therefore I've seen a UFO.

I saw a ghost when I was young, but I was too young to remember it and found out only a few years back when my mum told me about it. She'd seen it too.

The LNM is a lump of wood or an otter. smiley - erm

Why haven't I seen....?

Post 5

A Super Furry Animal

Or a hoax.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Why haven't I seen....?

Post 6

Xanatic

Or a nazi submarine. smiley - smiley

As for UFO's, that probably also depends on how hysterical people are. When you see some lights in the sky, you might just figure it's an airplane or a satellite, while others will assume it's aliens coming to abduct them.

There are also some areas that are more weird stuff happening in than others. "High strangeness areas" I think they're referred to. Maybe you live in the wrong area.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more