A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What should I name my new fish?

Post 41

Crunchy Frog

smiley - yikessmiley - run

Post 42

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

An extraordinary name beginning with 'f' for alliteration?

Post 43

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

If you were going to open the frog you should have called it Envelope instead of Penelope

Post 44

I thought it was "a" for alliteration.

Post 45

Ballynac

Call it Brian

Someone mentioned having two and name them after a celebrity couple. I have two fish called JR and Sue Ellen.

Post 46

The Groob

How about 'purveyor of insufferable indignity'?
Amaze your friends. smiley - smiley

Post 47

Crunchy Frog

sir ? smiley - winkeye

Post 48

The Groob

I was at school with a guy they nicknamed 'fishface'. Nobody told me he'd beat the cr*p out of you if you said it to his face. smiley - erm

Post 49

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

Have you noticed that while we exhaustively generate names for this fish, it's owner hasn't come back?

Post 50

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

I like Max smiley - biggrin

In fact now I want to get a betta just so I can call it Max smiley - runsmiley - fish

Post 51

Ballynac

How about Cheryl?!

Post 52

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

No its a beta, not a baker..

smiley - run

Post 53

Almighty Tim

I came back! Hahaha! I would have individually thanked each and every person that suggested a name for my fish, but that would have taken work that I didn't exactly want to do. smiley - smiley

Thanks all.

Post 54

The Groob

I'm glad you're back. When people post and don't come back strange things happen smiley - erm

Post 55

Don't. Even. Go. There. (They can sense threads like this you know smiley - erm)

Has the smiley - fish been christened yet?

Post 56

Crunchy Frog

how do you know its not a buddist fish?

and can smiley - fish be baptised?

Post 57

Captain Kebab

I have several fish. I call them all, "Fish." They don't seem to mind.

I used to have a Betta, which I called, with startling originality, "Fish." Perhaps he (for he was a he) did mind because he died. After that, I called him, "Dead fish."

He looked nice when he wasn't dead, though, perhaps I should get another. If I do, it's likely that I'll call it, "Fish."

I'll get me coat.

Post 58

Apologies....and if the 'strange thing' you were referring to was somthing to do with N and H, then you have a devotee in your midst...

What does a Betta look like?

Post 59

I think fish get baptised automatically when they're born. It's the pouring of water thing. Even if they end up as Buddhists or Zoroastrians. It's a well known fact.

Post 60

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

sharky or george the crime busters of the sea

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more