A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Desert Island Item

Post 1

The Groob

What luxury item would you take to a desert island? I would have to take a nail file as I'm always messing with my nails and can't stand it when they're rough.

Desert Island Item

Post 2

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

A solar cell powered laptop with satellite internet connectionsmiley - drool

Desert Island Item

Post 3

FemaleBermeseMountainDog

A Hen or can i have that as a necessity now

Desert Island Item

Post 4

Sneijder

I'd have to choose between an Argos catalogue or a copy of Auto Trader, they keep me entertained for hours. It's kind of like window shopping, but without having to move and stuff.

Ssmiley - whistle

Desert Island Item

Post 5

six7s

Can I take a yacht? just one would do, if it was like this

http://www.gulf-harbour.co.nz/images/marina/yacht2.jpg

smiley - silly

Desert Island Item

Post 6

Narapoia

I think it would be nail clippers rather than a nail file - more versatile. Or there again maybe a Swiss Army knife.
But I think perhaps either mascara or lippy oh god which one which one????

Desert Island Item

Post 7

Stephen

I'd go for the suitably powered and internet linked computer too!

Desert Island Item

Post 8

3pickledwalnuts

Hi SpinksSecret smiley - smiley

when I was asked this question recently my choice was to regularly find a bottle of St. Chinian smiley - redwine washed up on the beach when I went smiley - footprints along the water's edge.

This choice just pipped the idea of a taking a piano (I envisaged I would have lots of time to learn how to play).
But now, seems I'll just doze on the beach most of the time!

Not long ago I was also asked which staple food (bread, rice, potatoes, polenta, manioc flour, etc) and which vegetable I would hope to find on a desert island. I chose pasta and smiley - tomato.

Desert Island Item

Post 9

Alkland - In need of a SHIBBY!

It would be a toss up between the laptop and my cuddly toy. Don't think I could live without my bunny! smiley - winkeye

Desert Island Item

Post 10

Trespassers William

Well, when I last thought about this question, I wanted a clockwork radio because I don't think I could live without R4 or The World Service (depending on where I was: is Canvey a desert island?). If answering the question now, I'd still want a clockwork radio because I couldn't live without...

What would be better would be to be stranded on a desert island with a community of other survivors so we could pool resources: a clockwork radio, a limitless supply of tea, the occasional bottle of St. Chinian (wasn't that a girls' school?), an accordion, a large tub of hair conditioner...

Desert Island Item

Post 11

3pickledwalnuts

Man, that sounds interesting.
Alternate weeks, a bottle of smiley - redwine and a ...Muddy Waters song smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post