A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 17681

Baron Grim

Here in the vast sprawl of the Greater Houston/Galveston metroplex (but well out in one the 'burbs and formerly rural areas) 5 miles is considered quite close. Here everything is "an hour away".

Petty Hates

Post 17682

SashaQ - happysad

PH: Random item size and pricing - I just found something where 500ml costs £1, but 1 litre costs £3.30 smiley - huh and a while ago I found something where 400g cost £5 and 600g cost £4 smiley - huhsmiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 17683

Reality Manipulator

PH: Waiting for a delivery which is supposed delivered between 12pm and 4pm, and it is 4:22pm and no sign of my delivery.smiley - steamsmiley - crosssmiley - flusteredsmiley - doh

Petty Hates

Post 17684

Cheerful Dragon

I was due a delivery of my medication on Thursday morning. I was supposed to get a text reminder a day or two before, and a text early on Thursday morning giving me a two hour window for the delivery. I didn't get the reminder and the text giving me the delivery window was sent about five minutes into the estimated delivery time! If the medication hadn't been delivered the company would have received a phone call from a very unhappy patient.

I hope your expected delivery turned up, Rosa.

Petty Hates

Post 17685

Paigetheoracle

People cleaning pet utensils and feeding containers in the same water as human utensils and dishes etc. I read a newspaper article mentioning eight diseases you can get from your dog, plus toxoplasmosis from your cat. I remember another piece in the papers about a woman with a distended stomach in the UK, who was operated on to discover it was a ball of worms she had picked up as eggs from her cat! Gross, a 144 times at least!

Petty Hates

Post 17686

Paigetheoracle

Now that is more of a pet hate than petty hate I know but it is topical for me at the moment - moving home tomorrow and out of my friends house (hooray!). Like her but hygiene is a greeting to someone she knows (hi jean!)

Petty Hates

Post 17687

Teasswill

It's odd, I don't mind a cat in the kitchen, but I cringe at dogs in a kitchen. But I know what you mean about different standards.

Petty Hates

Post 17688

Reality Manipulator

(Hello Cheerful Dragon, I got my package delivered but it was two hours late and when I opened the door, I saw the package left on the ground with no sign of who delivered it)

PH: On YouTube, I was watching old BBC weather forecasts and one of the 31 has been blocked by the BBC, which is strange as none of the other BBC videos have been blocked.

Petty Hates

Post 17689

Malabarista - now with added pony

Finnicky horses that will eat something one day and dump their buckets all over the floor the next.

Petty Hates

Post 17690

Cheerful Dragon

Search engines that don't differentiate between knitting and crochet. The problem is probably with the people who tag things not knowing the difference. But then, if they don't know the difference, how do they manage to make anything?smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 17691

Reality Manipulator

Petty Hate 1: Being clumsy today where I spilled most of my Cornish sea salt as the lid fell off.

Petty Hate 2: Forgetting where I placed my back garden keys which I misplaced twice:

Petty Hate 3: Disturbed sleep due to outside noisy traffic at 5 am, this morning.

Petty Hates

Post 17692

You can call me TC

PH: sets of storage boxes and containers being sold in packs if 3 or 4 different sizes. Why can't they group them in packs of the same size?

Petty Hates

Post 17693

Cheerful Dragon

Probably because it's easy to have the boxes one inside the other with the kids on. I do have some cheap food storage boxes from Tesco that are all the same size, so some retailers do it.

Petty Hates

Post 17694

Teasswill

If the containers are shaped, they'll fit inside each other. I find that annoying too. or simply not being able to find containers of the required dimensions & material...

Petty Hates

Post 17695

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Keeping the kids on can be a nuisance too.

Petty Hates

Post 17696

Cheerful Dragon

Predictive text and not checking before I hit Post are responsible for that typo.

Petty Hates

Post 17697

Bluebottle

What makes Cornish sea salt different from, say, Devonshire sea salt?smiley - huh

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17698

Probably where / how they obtained the salt. Either by Flushing or from a Blackpool.

Petty Hates

Post 17699

Baron Grim

Coincidentally, I saw this video about the ancient Japanese method of harvesting salt.
http://youtu.be/KNGC44RlMqc

Petty Hates

Post 17700

Apparently the Cornish have smoked salt, which gives a different taste.

Key: Complain about this post