A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lawn mowers

Post 21

Mu Beta

*gets slightly paranoid about the thought of Big Jessie looking over his fence*

You didn't see the nude sunbathing as well, did you?

B

Lawn mowers

Post 22

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

At least sweeping concrete is quicker and quieter than strimming,mowing and using one of those mulcher thingies.Mind one of my neighbours is currently enjoying using a stone cutter at weekends.This along with the builders in the junior school behind me going Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm is just about driving me to the edge.In fact I've noticed how much noisier my street has become in the last year alone.Perhaps rabbits are a better idea as they are the much quieter solution.

Incog.

Lawn mowers

Post 23

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

I find just not mowing the lawn works. We cut ours last weekend, simply because we couldn't see the dog. Given that he is a dobermann, that's when we realised we'd probably let it grow too high.

smiley - ale

Lawn mowers

Post 24

Big Jessie

Sorry B I saw everything!!!!!!!!!
Your grass was too short (not the only thing).lol

Lawn mowers

Post 25

NickyX__Mistress of Procrastination

Have you seen how much rabbits poo? I mean, as fast as they eat the lawn they would be making it grow with their "natural fertilizer" plus I'm still not happy with letting them out in a garden with the amount of foxes there are.

Lawn mowers

Post 26

Orcus

...or indeed neoghbourhood cats...

Lawn mowers

Post 27

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Maybe we could train foxes to eat grass ...

smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin

Lawn mowers

Post 28

Lady in a tree

I'm surprised *they* haven't come up with genetically modified grass that grows to 4cm and no longer, therefore eliminating the need for mowing. If they have then I reckon the lawnmower manufacturers have hushed it up. Just like the large oil companies have hushed up the fact that cars can run on water smiley - winkeye

Lawn mowers

Post 29

The Darkness

You still can't beat a decent Scythe. Not so much to slice but to gentley separate each individual molecule of your victim ... smiley - yikes ... did I say victim? Silly me! smiley - devilsmiley - laugh

Great quote of the century has to go to Jack Nicholson in his role as the Joker in the first Batman film.

"And now it's time for me to relieve you, the little people, of your failed and useless lives" ... and you can't do that with a Lawn Mower.

smiley - skull

Key: Complain about this post