This is the Message Centre for echomikeromeo

I'm off

Post 1

echomikeromeo

For 10 days this time, to a rural area of Canada with no Internet.smiley - sadface Just letting you know that's why I'm ignoring you, particularly if you're Leo and the New Yorker uni project, or if you are a contributor to smiley - thepost. Hum. Anyway... I got a "new" computer, by which I mean an eight-year-old computer running Windows NT. I mean to install Solaris, but I need to buy some parts and wait for my Solaris DVDs to arrive (because I don't have the disk space for a 10 GB download on any of my computers), so until then I've been playing Spelling Jungle, my favourite game from when I was 6.

I've also decided that I have two new career options to explore: lighting technician at a rock concert or one of those people who catches criminals and terrorists and things online. I read an article about it in the paper and decided it was a pretty glamorous job.

Anyway, see you all on 29 June.

I'm off

Post 2

Elentari

Have fun!

I'm off

Post 3

GreyDesk

Any particular rural part of Canada? (recognising of course that that means most of the place.)

I'm off

Post 4

echomikeromeo

A rural part of Canada in British Columbia.smiley - smiley

I'm off

Post 5

Hypatia

Hope you have a good time. smiley - smiley

I'm off

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Look forward to reading about it in smiley - thepostsmiley - smiley

I'm off

Post 7

Leo

Do have fun! smiley - towel

I'm off

Post 8

Leo

(I say that because I presume this is a vacation, though you make it sound quite miserable. smiley - laugh)

I'm off

Post 9

echomikeromeo

Oh, it is fun. I just will miss the internet for that great length of time.

I'm off

Post 10

Leo

Yes - and for just the length of rehab withdrawal, too. smiley - winkeye

I'm off

Post 11

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit counting
"Hmm, that would be about 240 hours without internet, most give some impressive backlog smiley - biggrin

While you are in the woods, perhaps take a look at how the sawdust can be used as fuel smiley - biggrin"

I'm off

Post 12

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I hope the 'xams went well.

I'm off

Post 13

Lucky Llareggub - no more cannibals in our village, we ate the last one yesterday..

Catching criminals etc., eh? Maybe you can join the famous Mounties! There's some special beer that they have to drink. Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called. Anyway have a good time.

I'm off

Post 14

echomikeromeo

The exams of which I've gotten the results (the rest of the results don't come till July) went extraordinarily well, actually; I was surprised.

People find it entertaining to tell me to join CSIS, the Canadian Special Intelligence Services (I think that's the right name?). I'd make a terrible secret agent in reality, though - I'm not very good at leading a double life!

Key: Complain about this post