A Conversation for (old version) The Even Deeper Meaning of Liff

Eketahuna

Post 1

aPerson, An Angelastic (and alliterative) Acronymaniac

Eketahuna is a town in New Zealand somewhere which everyone mentions thinks of when they need an obscure small town to mention in a generalisation... I hope I spelled it correctly. Anyway, I think it means the noise made by the revving of dying engines, as a component of baltasound.

Eketahuna

Post 2

Fruitbat

I think Eketahuna is the general name of any lines in supposedly Native American language delivered by grim-looking extras in brown paint and bad black wigs, in traditional western films.

Eketahuna

Post 3

Researcher 125203

I have two meanings for Eketahuna

Ekatahuna 1) n The noise made when someone statrs to cough and sneezes halfway through. In males this can cause testicular retraction and is very painful. 2) v The sound made behind you when you are talking gibberish. On hearing this sound you look around to see two colleagues whispering loudly to each other behind their hands. They don't look sheepish as they intended you to hear them.

Eketahuna

Post 4

Mr Tea

Another possibility: The name for dolphin friendly fishing nets.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more