A Conversation for Bing Crosby - Singer and Actor

Quality stuff...

Post 1

Mu Beta

A cracking good entry. Pleased to see the quality control remaining high. smiley - ok

During my University days, I actually required something of a reputation as a Bing Crosby impersonator (**shudders with the memory**). I used to do little 'Bing Sings' sessions in the piano room where I trotted out Bing-esque versions of Spice Girls songs and the like. Alcohol being my only excuse. smiley - yikes

B

Quality stuff...

Post 2

Danny B

smiley - laugh

I always wondered what the 'B' stood for, Master Bing... smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Quality stuff...

Post 3

Mu Beta

I that were the case, I'd just sound like Chandler from Friends. smiley - erm

B

Quality stuff...

Post 4

Pimms

smiley - applause An excellent read.

Pimms smiley - ok

Quality stuff...

Post 5

Danny B

smiley - tasmiley - smiley

Quality stuff...

Post 6

Smij - Formerly Jimster

'I wanna really really really really wanna bu-bu-bu-boo'.

What a great idea. I know Mike Flowers Pops has cornered the market really, but Easy Listening Bing-alikes doing popular modern hits... B, I think you've hit on a gold-mine there. I could possibly do a decent 'Bobby Darin sings Nirvana' for ya if you like smiley - winkeye

Quality stuff...

Post 7

Mu Beta

"When the light's out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us"

Lyrics made for a brat-pack lounge singer, surely. smiley - winkeye

B

Quality stuff...

Post 8

flyingtwinkle

an excellent reminder of an excellent crooner

Quality stuff...

Post 9

Serindippidydog

My Dad was always told he looked like Bing..he was for ever singing would yah like to swing on a star carry moonbeams home in a Jar...can't remember the next line though something about or would yah rather be...HELP it's been 5 years since my dad past away and I'm stuck tween verses..cheers in advance..Serin

Quality stuff...

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - musicalnoteYou'd be better off than you are...
You could be swinging on a smiley - star

smiley - musicalnote

I was brought up on all things Bing, my Dad could sing just like him.
My parents' "our song" is "True Love" peformed by Bing in High Society.
Love that film.

I can't hear the opening bars to White Christmas without getting choked.smiley - cry

1977 was a very bad year for me, I lost my first baby, then Elvis died at 42, then Bing died.
smiley - wah

In the jigsaw that is my life, Bing is a very significant piece.smiley - peacedove

Congrats on a good entry *crosses off list of things to do*

Quality stuff...

Post 11

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - sorrySerindippidydog Immeant to post this for you:
http://www.kcmetro.cc.mo.us/pennvalley/biology/lewis/crosby/SwingingOnAStar.html

smiley - ok

Quality stuff...

Post 12

Serindippidydog

Thank-you heaps Galaxy Babe I too get very emotional listening to Bing and a song that was playin the other day when I was shopping I think the singer is Jim Reeves..the one that goes put your true lips a little closer to the phone.. a friend bought me a cd of George Michael doing covers and I think it was this one that was on it..and bloody hell I still found that version hard...still maybe that's not such a bad thing hey Galaxy as we still have their memory..and it can be prevoked by such a easy and accesible thing as music..I have saved the site to my faves thank-you again..Serindippidydogsmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bing Crosby - Singer and Actor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more