A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Imardin

Front Gate

Post 921

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Elwyn, what do you think my brother should do? If the orcs use flooded trenches... sure I can swim, but he'll sink. If they use caltrops, maybe there's a way to throw 'em back?"

*Is stumped by the puzzling predicament <(smiley - sorry for the alliteration), goodnight all./>*

Front Gate

Post 922

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

<"[Arc]: "In my travels... a skilled metalsmith helped me "install" a very small cannon into a folding section along my chest."

*Unclips the bag of a few 3-1/2 lb. cannonballs from his hip.*
"I only wanna have to use that if I have to. The recoil makes it kinda dangerous to be next to anybody... If I'm surrounded by foes... maybe I can fill the load part with pebbles"

Oh Purlease, be sensible, this is set in LOTR time, they DIDN'T have cannons certainly not ones small enough to insert into Armour smiley - steam continuity please>

Front Gate

Post 923

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

*Heads off after CĂș.*

Front Gate

Post 924

Bulletproof Cupid~

<>

[Ezekiel] (to Ecg) ~~Elves? I suppose you pick that up from my sister. We are not quite what you think...~~

[Alyssa] *stands and sighs in boredom* Well, is there nothing I can do? If not would someone at least show me around?

Front Gate

Post 925

Hmm

*Looks at Alyssa suspiciously.*I thought you were looking forward to the 'fun' battle we're about to leave for.

Front Gate

Post 926

Thorn

[Arc]: *Reclips his weapons and heads out toward Kalsho road*

[Ecg Unagi]: *Follows behind Arc*

Front Gate

Post 927

Thorn

*Ecg sneaks back over toward the frontgate*
(To Jake) : "Okay Mr. Blaze, I think you're going to like this. I've found this small sort of a clearing by the side of the road,- full of tall grass. You know, with a few rocks and cracked mud/sparse weeds ...Arc is still over there."
~It'd be a good spot to be able to see what's going on further along the road, without being seen. ...in that field.~

(Then to Alyssa) : ~You the morph guy's sister?~
~Ezek, It might be a good idea to get somebody to "show her around the place" a bit later, after the skirmish... if it'll help keep her out of yer hair awhile. I'd like to, but I'm trying to see about going on a sort of an expedition if you will... to explore Hell, and no handbasket either.~
*Looks around at various things ...then around to the Guild building before finally letting his gaze fall back onto the road ahead.*

Front Gate

Post 928

UnfadingAscendant - Above the ashes

*Elektra watches grimly, then she pulls her cloak around her and transforms into a raven. She takes to the skies, following the cart*

Front Gate

Post 929

Bulletproof Cupid~

[Alyssa] I am looking foward to the battle.... but its all taking so long to start! *she gets up and paces twirling her white hair round a finger and smiling sweetly at everyone looking*

*Alyssa ignores Ecg purposefully *

[Ezekiel] (to Ecg) I'm not sure if anyone can cope with her here... shes pretty, and she can charm if she wants to, but I think by now everyones seen enough to know to be wary of her...~

Front Gate

Post 930

pie_is_good

*In the midst of all the commotion, Halimar has been thinking and has come up with a rough plan.*

Hey, I have an idea, but I'll need some help. How many elementalists are still here?

Front Gate

Post 931

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

I think that Jake and Lady Shaylar are still here. What's your plan?

Front Gate

Post 932

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I'm here and so are are a few others

Front Gate

Post 933

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Hi."
*In this way he attempts to point out that he is also there.*

"My brother found a small vacant looking field at a ditch by the side of the road... It's pretty hard to notice from the opposite end of the road."

Front Gate

Post 934

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: (To Ezekiel) : ~Hrmph! Pretty-rude if you ask me... and people said they thought I was brusque... Ezekiel, [do] you want to know the nice thing about wearing a faceplate is? People can't see it when you smirk.~
*Continues to carry a stern outward demeanor.*

Front Gate

Post 935

pie_is_good

Basically, here's my idea.

*Halimar squats down and picks up a stick.*

OK, let's imagine that this is the orc army advancing from Kalsho.

*he draws a square on the ground*

Now, what if the elementalists were to create chasms all around the force, essentially making it impossible for them to advance further or retreat?

*he draws a circle around the square*

It would then be a simple matter to use offensive spells and weapons such as bows and arrows to defeat them, would it not?

*Halimar looks up from his drawing at the others.*

How does that sound?

Front Gate

Post 936

Thorn

[Ecg]: "I can make the dirt behave as though it were water to create sink holes and stuff. Is that the sort of stuff that you (perhaps) had in mind?"

Front Gate

Post 937

Thorn

*and you can tell by the way Ecg asks it that he is grinning under that faceplate too*

"Halimar, how well would you say that orcs tend to be able to swim?"

*Triggers the short and fin-like wingscales to fan out at the back of his armor for a brief moment,- to illustrate the point to his question.*

: smiley - winkeye

Front Gate

Post 938

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"Sounds good to me. It will take some strong magic to pull off a rift effect. Seeing as Lady Shylar, and apperently I, are the storngest Elementalist still here, I guess we will have to. It should work, and after we are done with them, I guess it's on to the outpost."

Front Gate

Post 939

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Outpost? Oh, Kalsho...

*Yet, what's to have prevented the orcs from already having set up a base or an encampment there. I don't wish to sound pessimistic but in the worst case possible scenario that they may have already taken it over, then what do we do?*

Front Gate

Post 940

Thorn

"Jake, that may be all fine and good... yet, what am I meant to be doing in the mean time?"

Key: Complain about this post