A Conversation for The h2g2 Team

floor42

Post 1

kat

i noticed that many of the sub-editors were "small furry creatures of the web" on floor42. Was that a coicindece?

floor42

Post 2

The Dancing Tree

Possibly. I can confirm that I am neither small, nor particularly furry. smiley - smiley

floor42

Post 3

Peta

I think we have just been hanging around here there and everywhere. A lot. And we are noisy...!

floor42

Post 4

beetle, return of

I am both small and furry, but am quite meek. Oh, and i don't whistle.

floor42

Post 5

Global Village Idiot

Kate runs floor42 and in that arena has shown that she's willing to give plenty of effort, that she's literate and intelligent with a good sense of humour. She's an unsurprising choice (the surprising thing is that she has the time and energy for both!).

Kate in turn nominated the "Small Furry Creatures", for similar reasons, to help her out in administering things there - again, it shouldn't astonish anyone that the talents and energies of those people were also evident to TDV.

I'd guess that in the early days of this scheme Mark wanted it to work, wanted a "safe pair of hands", wanted people with a track record. I hope that the fact we're taking a few bites out of the article mountain vindicates his selection policy.

floor42

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

PS, I am neither small nor furry, but I am hoopy.

floor42

Post 7

beetle, return of

Aren't we all.

floor42

Post 8

Mark Moxon

Couldn't agree more: the team's doing a grand job.

I'm not at all averse to adding to the list of sub-editors, but don't call us, we'll call you (at this stage, anyway). Having an in-tray full of "me too!" e-mails wouldn't help my workload situation.

floor42

Post 9

kat

great, i just want to say as a memeber of floor42 (i am only a frood as of now) i think you all will do a really good job and wish you luck. (does this mean spartus will start putting sound bits in articles?) cause i would love that.smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

floor42

Post 10

Smiley Ben

Erm. What's floor42?

/me skulks in the corner...

it's a DNA appreciation thing, right?

floor42

Post 11

beetle, return of

www.floor42.com

It is where many of us little people skulk about and talk of lots of nothing.

floor42

Post 12

Spartus

More sounds? I don't know if this is really the place for it...

Small and furry, yep, that's me. Only sometimes, though. smiley - smiley

floor42

Post 13

kat

so other times you are large and slimy?

floor42

Post 14

Spartus

No, I take off my monkey-fur jumpsuit and stand up properly. It's a pain, really it is...

floor42

Post 15

Classic Krissy

Here is the proper place for some sort of "monkeying around" joke, but seeing as Ant has squidged your monkey in another room, I really don't feel comfortable making one. smiley - winkeye

floor42

Post 16

Spartus

'sok. I had an opportunity to use the phrase "monkey-fur jumpsuit", which is a favorite of mine, so I took it.

floor42

Post 17

Ant

Oh dear, it's getting weird again.

floor42

Post 18

kat

again? when is it not weird?

floor42

Post 19

Spartus

I'm sorry, was I supposed to behave? I can, with a mighty amount of self-control, not say silly things for up to 3 or 4 minutes.

floor42

Post 20

Ant

This is of course true, as are many other things.

Key: Complain about this post