A Conversation for Talking Point: The Great Sweet Debate

Pear drops, Altoids and a big Toblerone

Post 1

quiteconvincing

When it comes down to it (IMO) nothing beats a piece of dark or milk Toblerone.smiley - chocsmiley - biggrin

Pear drops are the best in car journeys but out and about my favourite mint has always been altoids, i must have loads of empty tins around the house. Until recently i was content with these peppermint treats then i went to NY at christmas. What a variety of flavours!!
Tangerine, Wintergreen, Spearmint and the best Cinnamon (also in 'strip' form!)

I know it is a originally UK based company so how come we dont get these?smiley - ermOr is it just that i haven't looked hard enough.

Pear drops, Altoids and a big Toblerone

Post 2

Uncle Ghengis

You could try some of the 'alternative' mints... like Penguin Mints, or Warp Mints, or XTZs - many of which also come in sugar-free and caffeinated versions... (yow!)

mmmm mints

Post 3

quiteconvincing

What is this world if full of mints
i have no-where to buy these mints

penguin mints??
warp?
XTZs??

its an exciting world out there

mmmm mints

Post 4

Teasswill

My sons buy from cybercandy online (try google to get full address) - you can get all sorts of foreign/caffeine rich/unusual sweets.

mmmm mints

Post 5

Uncle Ghengis

Yup. Cybercandy truly is a wonderful resource if your hunting unsual sweets. Many of them are collected from coutries across the globe.

mmmm mints

Post 6

Uncle Ghengis

It has been alledged that altoids have 'alternative uses'... (even elsewhere on h2g2) I puzzled about this for a while, but then I understood...

(Such are the dark secrets of the world of mints - spoken of in hushed tones - a mystery fathomed by a select few...)

(I'll say no more)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more