A Conversation for How To Look At Your Watch Without Anyone Noticing

A2347986 - How To Look At Your Watch Without Anyone Noticing

Post 21

Methos (one half of the HHH Management)

Great entry!

I spend the last semester at university trying to find a method to look at a watch behind me on the wall. Didn't really work. The bit with the turning around is a bit too obvious. You can only try to time it perfectly so the the professor looks down at his notes the moment you turn.

Oh, and what about mobile phones? You could have them tell you the time by setting an alarm and the phone on vibrate so that it won't ring.

Methos smiley - peacedove

Post 22

toybox

Laying your watch down on the table also works with an ordinary wristwatch as a matter of fact smiley - winkeye

I personally favour the method of looking at your neighbour's watch. If he or she is taking notes, you can always pretend to be looking at them because something the speaker said has eluded you.

smiley - stout

Post 23

frenchbean

And of course, if there's a chiming church/town hall clock outside the building, that helps a lot. Except when you're counting up to 11 or 12 'gongs' and somebody asks you a crucial question smiley - dohsmiley - smiley

smiley - cheers
F/b smiley - star

Post 24

Atlantic_Cable

I've updated the entry, thanks! smiley - smiley

Post 25

Z

Wearing a T shirt or short sleved shirt is useful for that..

Post 26

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

There is another way! Simply reach into your pocket, produce a handerchief or tissue, and blow your nose. Both wrists will be easily in view while you do this.

Great topic, BTW. However, the link to "insubordinate reading" might be taken out (unless there's an edited version), as edited entries aren't supposed to link to unedited entries.

Other than that, I for one think this is ready to go!

Otto

Post 27

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Sorry, the "insubordinate reading" link can stay - it'll be changed to link to the edited version of the entry. I hadn't noticed that it had been picked!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 28

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 29

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Congratulations, AC! smiley - bubbly

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 30

Atlantic_Cable

Thanks! smiley - bubbly

Post 31

frenchbean

Congrats! smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - ale

Post 32

Pimms

Well Done smiley - applause

Pimms smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for How To Look At Your Watch Without Anyone Noticing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more