This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Folks,

I have not been online for a couple of days due to server problems, however, I have been able to follow the progress of our new barlesque system.

Yes, I have noted there are problems - we have always had problems even when the Techs were "tinkering under the bonnet" - So why should things be any different this time?

I do not understand why some researchers feel it necessary to abuse our Techs, Engineers and Eds in such a fashion, when we know from experience everything will be sorted within weeks.

Calm Down!!!

It is not as though you cannot use the old system for the time being!

I will only be ACEing newbies on the old system for now as I cannot possibly expect them to understand what is happening. Nor would I be pleased for them to come across such rantings and ravings I have read tonight...

Again... Please calm down, and allow the Eds, Techs and others to get on with their jobs.

lil xx

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 2

Malabarista - now with added pony

Hear, hear. smiley - ok

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - cheers lil. smiley - ok

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 4

Lord! I miss my smileys!

smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

lil xx

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 5

Hypatia

It definitely won't be the same place without smileys. They are working on fixing it, aren't they? Please say they're working on it.

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 6

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

As a person who was a bit smiley - grr with things..I pass on needed apologies.

I hope for soon evidence that you're right...so we can be a happy bunch again!!!

smiley - cheerssmiley - hug

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 7

Baron Grim

Yes, the smiley thing is just a bug. the greaterthan / less than symbols are triggering the nanny filther. It's been very amply reported.

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 8

We shall have the smileys back, never fear Hyp smiley - hug

MS, we have all forgotten how many times we have griped when the Tech have been tinkering in the past. This too shall pass and will be a distant memory smiley - winkeye

Thank you CZ for confirming the Eds are aware smiley - biggrin

lil xx

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 9

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

smiley - winkeye

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 10

van-smeiter

"I do not understand why some researchers feel it necessary to abuse our Techs, Engineers and Eds in such a fashion, when we know from experience everything will be sorted within weeks."

The lady doth protest too much. Stop trying to shift the blame and admit that it's your fault for pressing a button that you shouldn't have! smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrin

Van smiley - kiss

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 11

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Nice to see you back lil smiley - smiley

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 12

Maria

I haven´t panicked. I´m used to be patient...
I thought this place could disappear because of so many cuts here and there, but I find now that the place is integrated into the whole BBC, so I´m very happy for that.

We have been shown the new house, which isn´t finished yet, to have a look and point at things we consider important to add, suppres... what´s working, etc. It seems that the "constructors" have more work than what they have thought, but people are reporting and trying to help. Im grateful to you for doing that. I´ve not much time to be here so all I can do is say thank you people.

A new house is getting made for us, and meanwhile we can use the old one.
I only have reasons to be happy. I´m too busy now, but I expect to contribute more substantially in future. This place has given me many unvaluable moments and learnings about many things.

smiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - smooch all around

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 13

Van, within 5 minutes of me posting in the new system, the Eds were telling us the servers were fragile smiley - blush

Kea, I'm never far away.. Just unable to post smiley - hug

Dear Mar!

You are a treasure!!! smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 14

BMT

smiley - footprintssmiley - lurk

smiley - cat

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 15

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

New house getting made for us... and it's got a For Sale sign outside already!!

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 16

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - wahmy P/S cast in to the void of obscurity (I think that's the word I'm looking for smiley - laugh)

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 17

scorp

If the powers that be knew about the closure (as they obviously did), why did they get us all interested in the new format lil? and where do we congregate from here?

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 18

Baron Grim

It's not a closure, yet. Unlike most of the other BBC communities, we're being given some chance of survival outside of the BBC.

I'm sticking around until the final >FOOP!<

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 19

I'm with CZ... We shall continue to congregate here until we are evicted smiley - ok

lil xx

My H2G2 Journal by lil

Post 20

Websailor

Me too smiley - smiley

Websailor smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more