This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

8 inches and it broke! Oh Dear!

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - erm I have a confession to make. I was looking after it and it broke in half! smiley - wah

I am not fit to call myself the carer of the mascot of S.H.A.D.O.W. smiley - sadface

You may be wondering what I am rambling on about, or you may not even care, but here goes:-

Researcher U218198 Herbert the Cactus is/was the mascot of S.H.A.D.O.W. He was thriving on the kitchen windowsill, only one of my cats knocked him off during the night and he snapped in two smiley - doh

NJA smiley - nurse is experimenting at the moment to see if she can save one or both halves smiley - evilgrin I will keep you informed of the progress, should there be any improvement at all for the patient smiley - erm

love,

lill xx
Ex-carer of the mascot of S.H.A.D.O.W.

Post 2

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

poor Herbert smiley - sadface but smiley - cats will be smiley - cats
wishing him a speedy recovery smiley - cheerupsmiley - winkeye

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit in a tree
"Have you tried Glue ?"

Post 4

Scandrea

Taken from http://www.arizonacactus.com/care.htm
---

Dear Cactus Doctor,
We recently purchased a house with a medium sized saguaro (12 feet tall, no arms) in a front flower bed.  The cactus started to lean and after a recent rain storm it fell onto the house.  The top 3 feet broke off and landed on the roof.  The remaining plant is leaning against the rain gutter.  The roots on one side are exposed.  It obviously needs a new place to live since the flower bed gets too much water.  Can the plant be salvaged with a broken top or should we just toss it? Thanks, Bill & Debbie

Dear folks...Thanks for your e-mail. sure you can salvage both parts of the plant. The top can  be planted in dry sand and soil and it will re-root. The bottom can be lifted with a big backhoe and planted in a new dry hole and it also will re-root. The broken part at the top needs to be wrapped with black plastic and let it form scar tissue and heal over. When the plant re-establishes itself it will send up arms from the broken area at the top, resulting in an unusual plant. I have seen many saguaros that were struck by lightning, destroying the tip. The plant then sent out offsets, or arms and live a long life.
There is a company in Chandler, Arizona Cactus Sales, that specialize in moving saguaros. You may want to give them a call at 480-963-1061. They are at 11619 S. Arizona Avenue in Chandler.

Good growing!

Post 5

Scan you little treasure!

The bottom half has still got the roots and I have put it into a plastic bag...but the other piece is resting in a small glass with a tiny amount of water in there.. I will have to get some sand tomorrow...

Thank you smiley - hug

lil xx

smiley - magic

Post 6

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

smiley - ermSorry, but what IS S.H.A.D.O.W? I've always wondered...smiley - erm

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

re-pot and two mascots for the price of one S.H.A.D.O.W. 1 and 2, the power of shadow

Post 8

Scandrea

Get cactus soil! I think it works better as it has more nutrients. And you might want to be careful with the water- I wouldn't let the top get too wet or it might rot!

I know saguaros are more like tree-sized cacti, but I figured it would work OK for little guys smiley - erm

Post 9

Scan, I was only treating it as I did a succulent plant years ago.. that never did grow roots again.. I used to lift it off the soil to water it!!

smiley - magic

Post 10

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

*Jumps up and down, waving* HEEEELLLLOOO!!! WHAT IS S.H.A.D.O.W?

Post 11

Scandrea

*Tries to fathom how that would even work.* smiley - erm...

Post 12

Baconlefeets

...oh...I'm sorry, I was expecting a thread full of inuendo's....

Post 13

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

S.H.A.D.O.W. A811810

Post 14

Footie.. I bet that is why most of them looked in anyway!! smiley - devil

Captain Nuge! smiley - hug

S.H.A.D.O.W.

Singularly Hidden Avoidant Denizens Of the Web!!

smiley - magic

Post 15

Baconlefeets

Does that mean you're an expert in the field of the ancient wallabee history?

Post 16

Thank you.smiley - smiley

Post 17

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

christ just where is the inuendo in this thread, i was just going to post some but theres not a sausage, oops! sorry!

smiley - biggrin

Post 18

smiley - devil

Post 19

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - rofl

Post 20

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I heard a rumour that Herbert was deceased some time ago so it is a pleasant surprise to hear he is still with us.

Get well soon Herbert!!

smiley - emptysmiley - emptysmiley - empty

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more