A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

The Nightwatchmen (and women...and things) of h2g2

Post 1

James Casey

There are currently 23 researchers logged on, but a moment ago there were 15.

I was just wondering, what is the record in recent times for the lowest (and highest) number of researchers logged on? Anyone hit the 'who's online' button and found themselves sharing the Guide with one other researcher? Or with over fifty?

Post 2

Zorpheus - I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

More times than not I am on with more than 50. I don't remember the highest number though. I know that I haven't seen more than 70 though.

Post 3

Rocket Rod

The other day, Tuesday I think it was, there were only 9 researchers logged on. But considering my time zone is GMT+8 I didn't think it that unusual at 11.00hrs local time(3.00am GMT). Maybe that makes me some sort of nightwatchman.
Rocket smiley - rocketsmiley - smiley

Post 4

James Casey

I'd say that being one of ten certainly qualifies you for Nightwatchman status. smiley - smiley Well done for holding the fort!

Post 5

Rocket Rod

01/01/2001 6.00 PM local time(GMT+8) 7 reseachers including myself, it's a bit lonesome at times(is every-one hung-oversmiley - hangover?)
Rocket smiley - rocketsmiley - smiley

Post 6

James Casey

I was on at 01/01/2001 06:00 GMT (+0) but was sooo tired I forgot to see who else was on! smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more