A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 1

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

I am just speechless at how good this new browser is. I mean, it was good when I first started using it but then I switched on the turbo mode...sheer perfection, what a browser should have been all along. I haven't tried the Opera Unite function yet but that's mainly because I haven't read up on it or visited any friends who would like to listen to my taste in music. smiley - sigh

Opera 10 and it's not even my birthday...feels like I'm in heaven smiley - angel

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 2

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Not fair! smiley - envy
Are you using the beta or something? When I check for updates it tells me I'm using the latest version.

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 3

Just got opera 10. Very smiley - cool What sort of music are you into?smiley - biggrin

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 4

Malabarista - now with added pony

Ooooh, is it out, then? smiley - bigeyes

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 5

No, its out in beta but It's not crashed/exploded on me yet. Well worth a look

http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 6

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

It's as near as dammit the full release. Turbo and Unite were released properly yesterday. The browser is not a bit like the buggy beta of a fortnight ago. Opera really seem to have nailed it with this one. Try using turbo on h2g2 in heavy traffic times and see the difference! smiley - wow

(Their video shows the turbo button on the panels bar but mine is on the status one. Guess it depends on the skin you use)

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 7

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

PS. Another sign that its pretty much complete is that when I downloaded it gave me the option to install as an upgrade and kept all my settings. When I tried that two weeks back I had to uninstall before I could get everything back again. Flip it out boys, it's ready!

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 8

AlexAshman

smiley - wow, sounds pretty damn good. I can't use it right now, since I'm on a university computer, but it'll probably come in handy over the summer.

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 9

smiley - coolsmiley - somersault

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 10

Didn't offer it as an upgrade to me. It's done it as a separate install!smiley - smiley

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 11

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Crikey, it's lovely! The Facebook widget doesn't work properly but that's no biggie.

I think this could be the final nail in the coffin of my Firefox use, at least for now. Problem is, this means shifting the admin log ins & main usernames from Firefox to Opera and the other log ins and, er, 'secondary' usernames from Opera to Firefox.

Ah well.

BTW: the latest release of Safari is pretty nice too.

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 12

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

I've just downloaded it and am giving it a try.

A couple of questions ....

How do I open all items in a bookmark folder in tabs?

When I Open in tab how can I stay in the active tab and open tabs in the background?

How do I increase the font size for all windows - have tried through preferences/advanced/font size - dosen't seem to have any effect

More questions as I continue if you don't mind ...

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 13

S'ok - font size fixed smiley - biggrin

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 14

When I go into a folder I've got a menu option at the top saying 'Open All Folder Items.'

I'm curious about the tab thing too.Couldn't see anything in Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Tabs.

I'm still liking it though. smiley - smiley_

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 15

Yep - that works smiley - ta

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 16

I'd be good if there were a way of setting the Speed Dial page as the homepage. I don't think there is though.

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 17

smiley - erm just solved the tabbing problem - there's an option "Open in Background tab" smiley - doh

Have you tried pulling up the speed dial window and then setting the home page through Preferences to "current"?

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 18

Ah! Ta for the tab thing.

I tried setting the homepage to 'Current' but it didn't do anything. It probably needs a URL.

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 19

Just found it - Preferences/General/ first box - select Start with Speed Dial

smiley - ok

The new Opera 10 browser

Post 20

I think it's also on speed dial if you don't specify any homepage. Not sure, though.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more