A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

How to edit your home page

Post 1

Enlightener

ha everyone, I find that you can only get everything works properly with IE 4.0 with the address h2g2.com rather than www.h2g2.com.

Post 2

discHead

I find that you will have the easiest time editing things if your browser is set to accept cookies. (Preferably with icing. And absolutely no frogs.)

Post 3

Researcher 30126

No frogs eh? Wish you told me that sooner, I accidentally dropped a Taffonian Emmion on three of them... Sorry about that. Now I guess I have to go report to the French ambassador or something?

Squanky B'zetozll

exploring the unexplored (Bath City)

Post 4

Researcher 26235

Some Dhtml tricks, Javathings, alittle research and some good pubs around Bath. (surf.to/Bath)

Nickname

Post 5

Doubleoseven

You look like someone who can tell me how to change my name from researcher 123456 to something much more sexy and descriptive. Can you tell me hoe please ?

Nickname

Post 6

Wole Tall

As the big bold text says when you're posting a message, goto your home page, click on "my details" in the gooey stuff at the left
of the window and you can become Bill Clinton (or better still Monica).

Nickname

Post 7

Researcher 27254

Take the square root and add 4

Nickname

Post 8

Vynce

I have tried this method (not the squaring method, the other one) approximately 8 times now.
every time my nickname has been conveniently changed back to "Researcher 34652" from the obviously inferior "Vynce" that I have selected. While generally I consider myself to be a super-user who knows where his towel is, I appear this time to be a J. Random Luser who couldn't find his "D" key with both hands and a flashlight, following directions from the "F".
So, since I am as dumb as the letter s, perhaps someone could enlighten me as to what to do after typing the names i would like to appear. On the other hand, you could just shoot me and tell me to get back to work.

Nickname

Post 9

Researcher 38525

As everyone knows, the answer to the whole problem is '42' and that isall I can add at the present moment, as my babblfish has self destructed.

missing off the www

Post 10

Moose (Researcher 32986)

Just out of interest I tried entering just h2g2.com instead of www.h2g2.com to see if it would help a different problem (which it didn't), but using that URL I was unable to access the 'Don't Panic' page anymore.

most frequently not seen

Post 11

lufthaave

well - i just wonder why i do not see the most frequently used forums
links? what am i doing wrong??? i've tried to hit the don't panic
button - several times - but it just makes me freek out even more!
help me someone - i'm eh?? panicking here!

Key: Complain about this post