A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Do you ever feel like you're not really here?

Post 1

stupidgirl,notanace,possiblyathree (Keeper of thingummies, wotsits and oojamerflips)

I really, honestly believe that you are all figments of my imagination. I think I dreamt h2g2, and all the researchers are characters in my dream.
Sorry. But thats what I think.

Post 2

xyroth

If you imagined me,you must be at least as wierd as I am smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Xulffa The Magical Being, Keeper of Broken Felt-Tips with Splayed Ends

SO DO I!!! I am ALWAYS feeling like I'm somewhere else, and then something happens, like someone says something or I see something or something, and then I sort of crash down to earth and I'm like, hey, I'm alive?? Since when did that happen??. Or something. Anyway, it's a Deeply Philosophical thing thinking that you're, like, dreaming everything, and stuff. But you've got just one thing wrong: I EXIST. I am sure of that. I'm a consious being. If anyone's doing the dreaming, it's me. Or maybe we're dreaming THE SAME DREAM?? Or maybe we're not. 'Cause we probably live, like, really different lives (or dream different dreams), and they just blurred when I talked to you. And now they're permenantly blurred. Or maybe we'll forget, so then they will no longer be blurred. Because Time and History are ILLUSIONS. I think.

Post 4

Tegan[-1+(7^2)-2-0-4=42]

Silly. Everything you perceive is the result of an elaborate plot to fool you. Your environment is a stage set. When you travel from place-to-place, you really don't. The world we've constructed for you revolves around or scrolls past you. Most of the people you see in the street or even interact with are just more of the same - mere images. Extra programming and program tweaking is required to keep your most frequent contacts life-like. Occasionally, one of us will be sent in to tickle you, just to keep things interesting, but that's about the extent of the contact with actual reality that we allow you to have.

How are we doing? We are just a wee bit concerned about your initial posting, here. Is there a crack in the facade?

Post 5

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

*groans*

Solipsism - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A491681

Post 6

stupidgirl,notanace,possiblyathree (Keeper of thingummies, wotsits and oojamerflips)

...whatever you say, I KNOW that you're not really real, and I've dreamt you...I'm really sorry to trivialise you in any way, but you ARE all figments of my imagination...and I'm just talking to you to be polite...to...myself...ummm...

Post 7

hatameiwaku

alot of people feel like that, I dont, although I do consider it at least once a day, sometimes I touch things, to make sure they are there, now I know, I know, I could fool myself into thinking they are really there, .... but, if I could just catch myself off guard...... I Im dreaming of that day, actually, it doesent sound that good, maybe I should stop trying.

Post 8

...It's like people say 'pinch yourself', well, if I'm in a dream, and I pinch myself, I might feel it in the dream but not in RL...and even if I do feel it in RL, how does that prove everybody else isn't in my dream?? SHould I pinch them??

Post 9

Jon Quixote: steaming little purple buns for tea.

This is all suspiciously like what Rene Des Cartes said in his "meditations".

Post 10

Yeah, right, The-People-Who-Are-Controlling-My-Mind. You'll have to try harder than THAT to trick ME.

Post 11

That's exactly what Des Cartes said. Well not exactly...smiley - erm You get the picture though. The only thing I can prove is that I exist. Everything else can get lost.

Post 12

I have this amazing gift. I can make myself beleive ANYTHING. Like, when I'm bored I imagine the Universe and give it all these cool twists, like that guy with the hat with the badge on it saying 'I am 8 today!!!' on it is STALKING me, and he's going to kidnap me and take me back to the alternitive Universe I ran away from etc.

Post 13

I was saying earlier that I'm slightly shifted from the Universe allowing me to see everything two seconds early.smiley - yikes

Post 14

Xordin the curious

cogito ergo sum

Removed

Post 15

djsdude

This post has been removed.

Post 16

What ever happened to posting fifteen?

Post 17

djsdude

Apparently posting 15 was removed because I quoted some stunningly appropriate lines from Syd Barrett's 1968 song 'Jugland Blues'.

Copyright laws and all that.

Stupid if you ask me; but then I'm not really here.

djs (in spirit only)

Post 18

magrat

>Everything you perceive is the result of an elaborate plot to fool you. Your environment is a stage set.

now I know thats not true, because after watching aussie big brother, I've discovered that watching normal people is about as boring as you can get, and NOBODY would watch a show about me smiley - smiley

but then again I'm only normal on the outside

Post 19

If everything is a figment of imagination, then so are moderators. That means we can make them do whatever we want.
*makes moderator sing german national anthem* Hee Hee heee.
Anyway can't you quote songs if you say where they are from or something ?

Post 20

It really depends who you're watching. People on Big Brother are a little group of strange individuals (who the hell (are we allowed to say hell? Is it a swear-word? If so I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to post it and cause people offence. Please don't remove this, just tell me. Please, if you love me at all...?) would allow themselves to be filmed for however many months it was, day and night, doing all sorts of intimate things like going to the loo or whatever (did they actually film people doing that?)) who are conc/s/the right spellingious (forgive me for not being able to spell. I apologize for thinking the actual content of you writing is actually the most important part of your writing, not the spelling, and therefore rebelling against all my English teachers and not ever learning my spellings but doing more imporant things with my time instead.) of the camera and the millions of viewers watching them. God (if there is one, who knows?), however, watches more interesting things like WWII and stuff. I'm going to stop, apologize for 'hell', the amount of this in brackets, my spelling and baisically all of this entry.
Lots of love Xulffa xxx
p.s. anyone with a nickname like (Antipodean) magrat (fetta cheese) must be a pretty entertaing person to watch. If not, this means you are a boring person with the potential to be interesting, so EXPLOIT THIS. Let go of the inhibitions that society (d**n society! D**n it to HELL (more apologies)). Then your social life will become more interesting and more people will like this quirky, interesting new you.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more