A Conversation for Talking Point: Would You Like To Dance?

"Country Dancing"

Post 1

Moving On

I remember doing this at junior school - Roger de Covelly and all that sort of stuff.
smiley - musicalnote Heel- and -toe- and- heel- and- toe one- two-three-foursmiley - musicalnote

Fast forward to the teens; Loved dancing at parties, danced on stage, even choriographed a few sets for various ameteur outfits.

And then onto live in Eire; got asked to go to a Ceiledgh(sp?)one time.

I was amazed that 30 years on, those ol' Country Dancing Classes from dear Mr Mackney came sort of in handy. There wasn't a caller - the guinness was flowing too well for anyone to be asked - but my feet remembered what my brain had forgotten.

London Townie I may have been but I acquitted myself well that eveningsmiley - biggrin I was as surprised as they were, too.

Nowadays I just watch dance, mainly on stage.

But if anyone ever discovers a cure for arthritus, I'll do exactly what I did in my teens; first up on the floor, and last one to stagger off've it.

I really miss being able to dance any more.

"Country Dancing"

Post 2

The H2G2 Editors

>>> but my feet remembered what my brain had forgotten

Lovely! Great memories there. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more