A Conversation for 'Neighbours' - The TV Show

A1172459 - Neighbours - The TV Show (A Work in Progress)

Post 41

Atlantic_Cable

> * Erinsborough - I think you'll find that's an anagram.

Damn, that's clever! smiley - smiley

Post 42

Number Six

It is, isn't it... I was wondering though, might it be an anagram of 'Or Neighbours' rather than the American 'Our Neighbors'?

Just a thought.

smiley - mod

Post 43

Cyzaki

Is there anything I've missed?

smiley - panda

Post 44

Atlantic_Cable

Personally I'd be tempted to mention the anagram, but not what its an anagram of. Sort of a little game for the readers.

But that's just me, I like to tease the readers. smiley - smiley

Post 45

Cyzaki

But I don't understand the anagram. Either it's 'Our Neighbors' which makes no sense as Aussies spell it Neighbours, or it's 'Or Neighbours' which just makes no sense in general...

smiley - panda

Post 46

Atlantic_Cable

It could be similar to a crossword puzzle, where you put the two part together, which would give you "Erinsborough Or Neighbours".

Post 47

Cyzaki

I'm still not happy with it smiley - erm

smiley - panda

Post 48

Atlantic_Cable

Maybe it's one of those puzzles designed to drive you insane? smiley - biggrin

Stefan Dennis

Post 49

JulesK

Gosh, I hate to do this, given that in Neighbours he was, indeed, the actor most often compared to a piece of wood....however I must set this story a little straighter:
I once saw Blood Brothers in the West End of London (1995 to be exact) and - ignoring all those who will now move on to diss musical theatre - he was in it and staggeringly (for those of us who ever watched Neighbours) good!!
I reeled in shock at the time but it's true!
Anyway, done that. Will slope off now.

Post 50

me[Andy]g

A couple of typos - you've missed a "h" out of Neighbours at the start of the third paragraph.

There are also variations in the spelling of "Ramsay" - I think it has an "ay" and not an "ey"?

It might also be worth mentioning that Neighbours does do a lot more filming away from the main locations (Ramsay Street, Lassiters and the High School) than other (British) soap operas tend to.

I like the entry - I think it's just about the right length, any longer and it could get too specific and/or repetitive. smiley - oksmiley - smiley

Post 51

Cyzaki

I think I've sorted all that - anything else?

smiley - panda

Post 52

Mol - on the new tablet

I seem to have stumbled in at the end of the process to find a perfectly-formed entry! smiley - smiley

It will probably prompt a vast number of do-you-remember conversations - I suspect that, in the UK, the characters you remember being in Neighbours date you in the same way as your recollection of Blue Peter presenters. Re: Paul Robinson, not only were we expected to believe that he was capable of successfully running a hotel complex, but also that he did this after failing as an air-steward, a career he insisted on taking instead of going to university, I think (not to diss those air stewards with shrewd business sense, but quite a career change).

I was there for the first episode (ahem) and my Mum has probably seen every episode - twice. I think part of the appeal was in having a set of characters with a wide range of ages, which made watching it with my Mum an OK thing to do, but also it was all SO exotic: the girls wore dresses to school, they called their classes Year 8 and 9 (didn't do that in the UK then), people went swimming outdoors and didn't have goosebumps, storylines featuring possums were entirely believable etc. This plus the teen romance storyline was enough to make it must-see TV at the time (certainly compared to, for example, the unremitting worthiness of Grange Hill, equally alien to those of us not living in inner cities but without any element of glamour). So Neighbours-haters can blame people like me, who were sucked in at the start and made it popular when it mattered (in TV terms). Not that I go near it nowadays ...

Definitely a gap in the Guide filled here!

Post 53

Cyzaki

Oooooh, thank you for your kind words! smiley - smiley

I was only 2 when it started, but I remember Paul Robinson, and I vaguely remember Kylie being in it... smiley - erm

smiley - panda

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 54

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 55

Atlantic_Cable

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Post 56

Mol - on the new tablet

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing it on the front page smiley - winkeye

Post 57

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Congratulations!

smiley - bubbly

Post 58

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Cyzaki,

I've been doing a bit of subbing, and you could see the result at A2522620. If you spot something that needs attention, please drop me a note. smiley - bigeyes

SchrEck Inc.

Post 59

Cyzaki

Can you link to my commonwealth games entry where it talks about the commonwealth games please?

Other than that, it's great smiley - smiley Thanks

smiley - panda

Post 60

SchrEck Inc.

No problem. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post