This is the Message Centre for njan (afh)

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 1

Ado!

Greetings to you,!
As per instructions I am introducing myself to you and
declaring membership in the FFFF.
My chair - (provisional until approved by your good
selves) - is "Unnatural diplomacy" word him up an watch him go
on any or all issues of emotionally charged debate.
please drop in at mine any time and chat. I do live in
Australia so I might be a few hours getting back to you.
Thanks, seeya, Ado!

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 2

njan (afh)

You're meant to intro yourself to humble me? but I'm just the psychoanalyst....

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 3

Ado!

And beleive me I am in dire need of your professional opinions!!! Something to do with a tendancy to be sociopathic or something, nothing to get remorseful about in any case, please drop in at mine any time you feel like it. Feel free to section me or whatever you think is appropriate my local 'Doc who uses no blades' reccomends 675 volts - whatever that means, seeya Ado! smiley - smiley

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 4

Ming Mang

Hello all, just thought I'd drop in here after meeting Njan Prince of Darkness in various places, mostly near the good Princess of Darkness, Joanna...
So, um, Hello! Think your page is very cool! smiley - winkeye Very cool.

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 5

njan (afh)

Hi there! -)

It is? ... I mean... yes, it is! ... (It is? really?)

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 6

njan (afh)

Ooh... btw... I like your philosophies. The small corner approach is... well.. interesting. smiley - smiley... (It marginally conflicts with my religion, but that's of no importance, according to it itself. Confusing, huh?)

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 7

Ming Mang

Yes, your page really IS cool!
You read my Philosophies? Really? The Small Corner just comes from where I like hiding when the World gets too much for a poor ickle non-existent teenager like me...
What is your religion then?

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 8

njan (afh)

Yes, I do. Philosophy is a favourite topic of mine, and it's a good topic. You are? it does? Ooh, we're in the same boat... smiley - smiley... (Is it leaky for you too?)

My religion... this is complicated

I was baptised and brought up a christian... which I rejected strongly from the age of about 6. (I refused to be baptised until 4, but I wasn't stubborn enough to hold out any longer. smiley - winkeye )... I was atheist... then I was wiccan for a little bit... then I was agnostic, and now I'm something else...

I'm a religion that beleves that there is no God. But it beleives that any of the other religions might be right, and that (in the practitioner's view) if any of the other religion's arguaments for their own validity are correct, unbyased, unhypocritical, and generally good, then the practitioner becomes a member of that religion. But the first religion stays in the background, and so if the second religion becomes impractical, or another religion comes along that is better, you switch boats. The current second religion is atheism (which, according to a roman catholic friend, is a religion "because it has it's own creed, 'I do not beleive in God'". . . hmm...) because it's the only sensible one.

Get all that? Or did I drop you way back?

-Njan.

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 9

njan (afh)

oh... one more thing I forgot to ask, which relates to the first line of your last message before this one (assuming that you don't either shove another one in before this kicks in, or you don't insert another one at some later, or earlier point in time) which is "why?"

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 10

Ming Mang

Your question, Why? Well, Because! (Such is my answer to a lot of questions, being both an answer and not an answer at the same time.)
And your religion is a very sensible one. I think.

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 11

Ming Mang

And why do you always post two messages instead of just one?

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 12

njan (afh)

but Because requires something to justify it, it isn't an answer on it's own... hehe... (come in, I'm in suspense here, I want an answer. smiley - smiley )...

Yes, it is. But I've only managed to find one other person in the world who also beleives in the same thing... they figured it out in the same way as I did, and so there are 2 branches of the religion (one practiced with an Australian accent - her branch - and one with an English one - mine)

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 13

njan (afh)

Umm.. I don't know. I just started doing it here, since I thought of other things to say, and thought I'd add them, and I seem not to have stopped doing it. Odd... but anyway. It can't be helped.

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 14

Ming Mang

OK, I'll try again...
Because! *makes big gesture*
That do?

My religion is just whatever seems to be logically right to me, whatever I feel like believing and nothing in particular. Is this the same as yours or not?

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 15

njan (afh)

Oh, come on, can I have a reason.... pleeeeease? Even if I ask real nicely?

Yes! It is! Except I like explaining things and making them sound more complicated, so your explanation of the thing is more understandable. Please join the club. smiley - smiley (well, there is no club... but ou can be a member of one anyway. )

- Njan.

<>

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 16

Ming Mang

Wahoo! I'm a member of a club which doesn't exist!!!
And won't *makes big gesture again* that do?
The bug may have disappeared, but can you be sure that it won't be back? But good luck with keeping it away anyway!

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 17

njan (afh)

Actually, I think the friend in Australia calls the school of thought 'blic'... and I sort of adopted the name myself. So you can be a member of the blic school of thought if you want. smiley - smiley

No! Come on, pleeeeeeease? please please please please please?

Oh... that's a good point..... any ideas on keeping it away?

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 18

Ming Mang

Yeah, blic school of thought is fine by me - but I'm warning you, don't try to meddle with my brain; it doesn't like being bothered by anything to do with my activities... or me...
Who's your Australian friend?

I have no idea how the bug operates, or how to keep it away. No, hang on a sec - yeah, you could try typing wearing Marigolds?! smiley - winkeye

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 19

njan (afh)

*s*..... *plays with your brain*

She's just someone who lives in Australia, likes loud music (RATM, etc) and philosophises about religion.

I could? hmm... pity I don't have any. smiley - smiley

Helooooo to youuuu!

Post 20

Ming Mang

Argghhh! *waves hands madly about trying to get Njan to stop playing with my brain* Stoppit stoppit!
I'm guessing here, does *s* mean 'smiles'? (like *g* means 'grins')

Oh right... Is she on h2g2 then?

Ah. That's unfortunate. Yes, very unfortunate.

My sincerest apologies for not replying here for 4 days...the link got lost under snowstorms of other links and people kept trying to use the phone...and stuff...

¦M¦

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for njan (afh)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more