A Conversation for The h2g2 Language Thing

I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 461

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Actually, I also have the password.

I go on music camp tomorrow and after that I'm on holidays for two weeks, so if anyone needs adding to any lists or whatever I can do it then. I'm also kinda intending to update the FMA and Pythonists, let's see how far that goes... smiley - nahnah

Cat

Post 462

The Language Thing

You know Cat-Eyes, I don't think you do have the password to be honest; I would know if you did.

Updating the list:
King_bomba (not sure if he's already listed so checking)
Elwyn
Lady Brianna

Anyone missing?

Kat (The Language Thing)

Post 463

Jayne Austin

::ears perk up::

Pythonists?!?

Post 464

The Language Thing

A1046701

Post 465

Jayne Austin

Thanks!! smiley - smooch

Post 466

The Language Thing

Why is the French Department such a washout!? It's the most commonly learnt language so you would think that there would be more people there than any other dept! But no! It takes years to find a HoD and then they wander off somewhere!

Joe C can you remember that you're now HoD for Spanish AND French please? Sorry I know it's a bother but we need a boost.

Post 467

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Hiya folks, sorry I wasn't very active in posting; but I'm here (right before exams)
I posted wrong in French, it occurred to me that I'm une etudiante, and I forgot everything else, ugh
I want to help in the Mandarin!
smiley - somersault

Post 468

The Language Thing

Yup I've put you down in the Mandarin Dept.

BIG NOTICE
Anyone who is listed wrong or isn't listed please say, preferably now whilst I'm in this account smiley - biggrin

Post 469

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

smiley - laugh
Xie xie ni, Kat

smiley - somersault

Post 470

U218534

I am? I do French as well?

Oh dear.

*rushes off to get new French verb table book which he bought on Monday and then promptly left in a drawer somewhere*

Post 471

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Unless you've changed the password recently, I have it. I would sign in as it, but since h2g2 is signing me out of me and not letting me back in as me enough as it is, I don't really want to risk it...

smiley - nahnah

Cat

Post 472

merrymoon

U-number:
WLTL: Mandarin, German, anything basically smiley - earthbased
WLTP: French, Spanish, (Basic)Latin
WLTT: English (generally)

Post 473

merrymoon

smiley - ermForgot to put my U number: 1464026

Post 474

Kat - From H2G2

Welcome welcome! Good to see you here!

I'm Kat, I'll be your sub for...no wait wrong thread smiley - blush I'll be the owner of The Language Thing. Hopefully you've already started looking around your chosen language departments. There should be some nice people around ready to talk to you and teach.

We hope you enjoy your stay, if you have any questions then feel free to ask here, in the department threads, or on my PS U234368

Kat

Post 475

Vamster

U-number: 1515682
WLTL: Latin
WLTP: German/French
WLTT: French
Anything else: I have GSCE German and workin for a-level French, hope I can be of help!smiley - smiley

Post 476

Kat - From H2G2

Welcome! If you go to the departments and introduce yourself then I'm sure there will be people around who will be very excited to talk to you.

If you have any questions then just holler. smiley - ok
It would be a good idea to be part of the German learning thread...think it's the beginners' one, because GCSE German seems to miss out and gloss over a lot of important things...or teach them once and then you forget them smiley - doh
The French department is a bit sporadic but there are definitely people there...
And if you want to learn Latin, and either never have before or not much then joining the Latin Beginners' thread would be a good idea.

Have fun
Kat

Post 477

Clampy

U-number: 1531231
WLTL: german
WLTP:
WLTT:
Anything else:

Post 478

Clampy

U-number:
WLTL: german/latin
WLTP: german/Latin/french
WLTT: german/latin
Anything else: I am learning all 3 of the subjects at school and would like to get a head start on german and latin. And just practice my french.

Post 479

Kat - From H2G2

Wonderful! Welcome welcome!

If you make your way along to the departments from the main page, you can introduce yourself in the teaching threads. Go for the beginners' threads for German and Latin and I think the teaching thread in French. There's a German game going on so join in that as well if you like.

I'm Kat, your Language Thing host, if you have any general questions then I'm the person to ask.
ratkodl is the head of the German department so she's the one to ask if you have any questions about German.
Echomikeromeo is the head of the Latin department and will be teaching you.
Joe C is the head of the French department and will be around hopefully to deal with anything you might want.

The number one rule to remember is: ALWAYS POST A TRANSLATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN UNDERNEATH IT.

EG
Ich bin Kat und ich bin einzelkind. Ich habe ein Hund und sie heisst Phoebe.
I am Kat and I am an only child. I have one dog and she is called Phoebe.

Enjoy your stay smiley - ok

Kat

Post 480

mistyday

U-number:
WLTL:
WLTP:
WLTT:
Anything else we need to know:
I can't understand what these means.Where can I get U-number and others.I can offer my service if anybody wants to learn Russian

Key: Complain about this post