A Conversation for The h2g2 Language Thing

I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 421

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

HELLO? if you're bored, there's this brilliant Mandarin department you could go to!

smiley - nahnah

I got an award in Chinese!!! AND they spelt my name right!! (As opposed to the award in Chinese I got last year...)

Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 422

Kat - From H2G2

Well done!! smiley - bubblysmiley - cake

You know, it's all very well to want people to do Mandarin, but I notice that you've signed up to a lot of departments that you aren't taking part in at all...


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 423

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Yes, well, you may have also noticed that I haven't been on much as school etc is a devil for nicking time... But, holidays officially start today and getting involved in languages is fairly high on the to-do list...

smiley - nahnah

Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 424

Kat - From H2G2

I must remember that your smiley - nahnah isn't personally at me. I'm not feeling very good so it feels like it's personally at me and as if I need to go and dig a hole and bury myself smiley - erm


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 425

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

I usually use smiley - nahnah as a way of saying I'm having a dig at someone and don't take me seriously... so it's more aimed at me...

smiley - sorry if I'm making it worse smiley - hug

Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 426

MaW

U-number: U55669
WLTL: Dutch
WLTP: German
WLTT:
Anything else:


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 427

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Ooo! Someone who's joining and we already have the facilities to accomodate them!!

We now have a Dutch Department who I'm sure will value your help / presence AND a German Department who... yeah, same deal... smiley - biggrin

There are links on the main page. If my internet wasn't being screwy I'd go add you to the lists, but it is so I won't. I'm sure Kat, Joe or I will be around at some stage to do it...

smiley - cheers
Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 428

Nireena

U-number: U187885
WLTL: Russian
WLTP: French
WLTT: French
Anything else:
I'm really more interested in translation than conversation, but conversation is fine, too.


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 429

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Well, we still have a French department so you can head over there and announce yourself and someone will (hopefully) say Hi. Unfortunately our French HoD is AFK for a while, but since you're interested in teaching you could maybe help out and yell for some people who want to learn. Or not. Whatever.

I don't think we have anything for Russian right now, but we'll look into it...

smiley - cheers
Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 430

Kat - From H2G2

We talked about Russian and in the end decided that seeing as we couldn't do the cyrillics there wasn't much point.
We do actually have a French HoD! I changed it from Joe C. It's just that the French Dept isn't very active.
I'll get you added to the lists eventually. I'm rather banking up things to do, sorry.

Anyway, welcome, snoop around anything you like and stuff.

Kat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 431

Scandrea

Dobre den- good day!

I'd like to learn Russian as well- Kat, can I see what I can do here?


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 432

Kat - From H2G2

Okay here's the deal. Find that thread that I started on your space, figure out how the phonetics are in English, and then we'll see what we can do in there before actually launching something and finding someone who is fab at Russian because I doubt either of us are world-class. Also I just don't know about this...I mean I can understand everyone wants to learn different languages but people aren't learning/speaking the ones we already have listed and I have this fear that I'm just going to end up with a load of pages that nobody uses.


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 433

katkodl

Kat, may I remind you to add MaW? smiley - ta
As far as The German Department is concerned he wants to be listed as Speaking Researcher.

smiley - blackcat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 434

ArthurDented

U-number:
WLTL:
WLTP:
WLTT:
Anything else: i would like to be kept in the loop and to know who is who and when, and for that matter, when this is all going down?
smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 435

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

Hi Arthur! On that form you needed to fill out what languages you would like to learn, practise and teach so we can direct you the right way. Sorry if this wasn't clear!

Once you've decided what languages we'll try to accomodate you. We have a few language departments already running and a few others are simply threads. Unfortunately if you're the only person wishing to learn a language we can't create a department just for you, but we will try to get you involved in as many languages as you have interests in and we have other people with interests in!

I hope I've explained something...

smiley - cheers
Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 436

chupito

U-number: U831240
WLTL: Spanish
WLTT: English
Anything else: i speak french


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 437

chupito

I get it wrong i think,
I gon't want to teach english but to speak it with other people to practise but never mind about english coz actually everything is in english on hootoo so there's enough practicing
ii would like to learn spannish but i don't knowit at all (i choose english and german in high school)


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 438

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

You're in luck! We have Spanish, German and French departments as well as a thread in here where Kat is teaching colloquial English. So, if you want click back to the main page and go sign up at whichever Departments you wish to join, that would be good. You can join as a Learning Researcher, a speaking researcher or a teaching researcher (or any combination of the three).

smiley - cheers
Cat


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 439

chupito

thanx cat-eyes,
i'll go to all 3 and see which one i'll stay in


I want to join the Language Thing!

Post 440

flyingtwinkle

U-number:
WLTL:
WLTP:
WLTT:
Anything else:
i am interested in learning french, german,spanish italian portugese,turkish where to turn to?


Key: Complain about this post