This is the Message Centre for Arisztid Lugosi

*Sigh*

Post 341

NPY

On a Sunday, they don't usualy open until 1pm. Unless they're the little convenience shops that can open earlier. you having fun trying to find shops on a Sunday morning then?

*Sigh*

Post 342

Arisztid Lugosi

There's nowhere to find. The coffee shops open, for the most part, but other than that it's rather deserted. At first I wondered how the coffee shops would do any business as I couldn't think of any reason for people to come into town when nothing was open but now my theory is that all the people that get tricked into going in and then finding nothing open go there.

*Sigh*

Post 343

NPY

Maybe they go in specially for coffee?? The center of town where I live in is dead after 5-6pm anyway. And on a Sunday it's not much different. There's more to do in a couple of the seaside towns a few miles away in the evenings. They've more restaurants and trendy bars stuff.

*Sigh*

Post 344

Arisztid Lugosi

I think annoying as it can be I like living in a quiet little town. You really never have to worry about anything. I think the crime rate is practically nil and its nice to not be crowded.

*Sigh*

Post 345

NPY

I know. Think I agree. Couldn'yt live in a city, even a small one. The town I live in has about 25 thousand people in it and a few smaller towns nearby. Can be nice coz it only takes 10-15 minutes to go between them and you've got the seaside and other stuff. Hate big cities coz they're too big and crowded and dirty. Alright for a holiday or an afternoon, but not forever.

*Sigh*

Post 346

Arisztid Lugosi

I agree I like to go into town for a visit but I certainly wouldnt want to say there. I suppose it takes all types to make a world though. My history professor doesnt like living in town because he finds it too small!! It has almost 80 thousand people!! Crazy. My little town has about 11 thousand.

*Sigh*

Post 347

NPY

Awww! Yours is smaller than mine! Dinky.

Been to London a few times and it's so big it's scary. Dunno how people do it. Found it so claustrophobic.

*Sigh*

Post 348

Arisztid Lugosi

I've always wanted to visit London. So many of the books I read are set there but I don't know... You make a good point about how crowded it would be.

*Sigh*

Post 349

NPY

Take a trip if you'd like. I've found I can cope for short trips. beware of the underground, especialy if you're claustrophobic though. Very very crowded.

*Sigh*

Post 350

Arisztid Lugosi

Thanks for the tipsmiley - smiley I will come and visit one day... but it's so expensive to fly over there from where I live that it will probably take me a long time to save up. Unfortunately there always seems to be something more imminently pressing that needs my money.

*Sigh*

Post 351

NPY

Oh yeah. there's always something in't there. I keep thinking I should book myself a day in a spa or a few days in a guest house in Donegal or something, but I always end up working. Pick a few days, but before I book anything I get asked to work. Not that I'm complaining of the hours, but still need a holiday.

*Sigh*

Post 352

Arisztid Lugosi

Ah a holiday and a trip to the spa. Both sound like a lovely idea. I'm waiting till christmas break and then I'm going to get my hair and eyebrows done. Its going to be lovely. And I'll feel like I look good again which is very important.

*Sigh*

Post 353

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Don't you now?

smiley - pirate

*Sigh*

Post 354

NPY

Well make sure you get something fun done to your hair. Something I'd kinda like to do but dunno how brave I am when it comes to odd colours.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Arisztid Lugosi

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more