This is the Message Centre for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Can I be blunt?

Post 1

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I have been contemplating my involvement in h2g2 and how I fare. I have grown tired of my Entries sitting around in Peer Review not getting picked which suggests to me that people are just not interested in what I write any more.

As a Scout I have noticed that there only ever appear to be two people who pick my Entries which support my theory too. I know theres no time limit but I certainly feel there's bias going on.

This in turn has made me grow weary about looking at others pieces and some don't excite from their title. Obviously this is not a bad thing either it would be boring if we all concentrated on one genre.

This draws me to the conclusion that I should sit back a bit answer threads, enjoy being a photographer and continue lovingly putting together interviews for smiley - thepost. In turn I will not feel like I'm working but at peace with h2g2.

Can I be blunt?

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Hi Opti, I know a little of what you feel. I've essentially withdrawn from PR as well. See here for reasons: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1810970?thread=6475744 I've also cut down a lot of what I used to write in convo threads. I'M interested in what you write though However, a plethora of RL issues has also impacted on the time available to read and comment

Can I be blunt?

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi - there are some new Scouts Opti, smiley - blush

I suppose this will sound blunt too, but it's hard to sound gentle in a written message.
As you know I am really interested in your Tove Jansson entry, but still waiting for a bit more on the Moomin bibliography, which quite a few people have asked for. I'm sure that if there were another paragraph on these particular books then it might 'somehow' get picked?

smiley - winkeye

It is disheartening to feel ignored, but I'm not ignoring you - honest!

smiley - hug

Can I be blunt?

Post 4

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi opi
-
i send in to thepost, but dont even get a reply if refused or what, i just sent another in the lst few weeks, if i hear nothing, or its refused again, i wont be sending anymore. its pointless.
-
i cant help having poor scholing, and bad gramma, i dont have anyone to chek it and make it acseptable to thepost.
-
in 7 yrs ive sent many, and only this year got the 5 entry badge.
-
i know its not same as edited, but i do the best, and always on a good subject, in the past 6 months ive change to personal ones, the last on a lecy bill that nearly sent me nuts.
-
somehow i dont think i,ll be around on h2 for much longer, being digi, i need alabaster to signin,if the new skin is none compatable, it would be at the library or cyber, to much trouble except messaging.
-
stick with it opi, there as to be an end in site. smiley - dragon jim xx

Can I be blunt?

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Opti, you sometimes forget to inform your peers that you have completed the work they've advised you about.

If we see something outstanding in the PR thread, then we won't pick in case it's not ready.

lil xx

Can I be blunt?

Post 6

JimCracker, if you read <./>ThePost</.> Editorial, you will see we are on holiday until September.

No new articles are being published at this time.

lil xx

Can I be blunt?

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Opti,

I'm sure we've all felt like you at times. smiley - hug

You've been in PR for long enough to know that scouts won't necessarily be interested in everything, and that they'll wait until you have addressed suggestions in PR in one way or another.

Jimc, you should have got an auto reply from the Post, telling you that we're on holidays.

Can I be blunt?

Post 8

i did get the message as for this time, but if you read my message, i was refering to all the other times over the years.
-
i know you will say, you wont always get in thepost, i except that, but two replys i did get after a second email in the past, was to say my offerings where upto standard. i cant help that im not a writer.
-
i wanted to be part of h2 other than an odd message.
-
i cant set a page like anyone, most of the time im using digi,and no acsess to the internet.
-
im no diff now than when i came to h2, with a link, im still on the outside looking in, so i do a guide and send to be part of h2 with the post, but im not going to bother after the one i sent, if used or not, takes me to long to write from one end of the room to the other, i have to keep getting up to read what i write.
-
smiley - dragon jim

Can I be blunt?

Post 9

sorry, should be, whernt upto standard.

Can I be blunt?

Post 10

Smudger879n

I know how you feel Opti, I get a bit disillusioned at times as well, as I seem to have lost contact with a lot of folk as well as the threads I used to post onto?

To be honest, RL has been so hectic recently with Mk2 being admitted into hospital and having that small stroke?

So I have not been writing any Snippets for smiley - thepost As for badges, I was really chuffed to find smiley - thepost one on my home page a couple of years agosmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Can I be blunt?

Post 11

Skankyrich [?]

Opti, h2g2 is supposed to be fun. If it stops being fun, if you ever don't feel like logging on and doing something - stop doing it, for a few hours, a few days, a few weeks. This is a fantastic place, but if it starts to feel like work then there's something wrong. You'll feel inspired again soon enough, I promise you, but if you try to do everything you'll run out of steam. You're a great writer and a great Scout, but maybe your feelings about the site stem from the fact that you feel you *have* to be doing something rather than *wanting* to do something. You'll be stronger and more brilliant than ever when your natural enthusiasm starts to shine through again smiley - smiley

I don't want to derail Opti's journal with Post-talk, so I have taken my conversation with Jimcracker back over there.

Can I be blunt?

Post 12

Noth€r

smiley - sadface
smiley - cheerupsmiley - cuddlesmiley - kiss

Noth€rsmiley - ale

Can I be blunt?

Post 13

The H2G2 Editors

Can I also add that I think we the Eds should take some responsibility for this and I do apologise. We should really be more active in PR and that's exactly what I'm intending to do when we have more time (Flea Market too!). Recent staffing issues have meant pretty severe restrictions on my (our) time but bear with us, we'll get there. Peer Review is central to the site, the engine room of the Edited Guide and we'll be giving it more focus soon. smiley - ok

Can I be blunt?

Post 14

Elentari

I think we all understand that your time is extremely limited. That said, more regular appearances in PR would be fab. smiley - smiley

Can I be blunt?

Post 15

Oh, well. After all that, Opti's now withdrawn her Entry from PR just when it had been on the point of selection smiley - rolleyes

Can I be blunt?

Post 16

Smudger879n

Ah! Jim I must have been getting spoiled then, as they just pop in and take what they want from my page smiley - cool
Mind you, I just leave them on my page, as they are all marked "not for review" and they just sit there where smiley - thepost takes the ones they wantsmiley - ok

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Can I be blunt?

Post 17

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Selected? I thought it was heading for the Flea Market oopsee. Trust me to get the wrong end of the stick.

smiley - ta one and all for popping by and giving me your words of wisdom. I really do appreciate it. I think there will always be a part of me connected with this site and you fantastic people. I'm even contemplating in making the h2g2 meet thats coming up soon.

Best wishes to you all

Opti smiley - bluebutterfly

Can I be blunt?

Post 18

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

i hope to see you again in london next spring smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Can I be blunt?

Post 19

The H2G2 Editors

Dear Opti, although your Tove Jansson Entry is now out of Peer Review it has been picked by a Scout and I'm keen to accept it - it's currently in the Scout's Recommendations list. Is this ok with you? Hope all's well smiley - ok

Can I be blunt?

Post 20

At post 17, Opti admits she made an error smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more