This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Ready for London

Post 21

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Promise to be gentle with the Prof, AGB smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Ready for London

Post 22

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

yup! I'm an antique, not worth much though being a bit chipped smiley - laugh

Ready for London

Post 23

Taff Agent of kaos

smiley - sorry can't make either i'm affreid, lack of cash on the home front, only got enough for a few smiley - ales tonight in the localsmiley - sadfacesmiley - ermsmiley - winkeyesmiley - cheers

smiley - runalong and have asmiley - magictime
smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

smiley - bat

Ready for London

Post 24

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Be gentle with the Prof?smiley - yikes

Why, has he been complaining?smiley - winkeye

Ready for London

Post 25

You can call me TC

Germany and the UK are both in the EU. So, although the UK has not signed the Schengen agreement, a German ID card is sufficient for entering (and leaving smiley - winkeye) the UK.

I've got lots more complicated stuff to pack, and to try and squeeze into as small a backpack as possible. I need a train ticket between London and Stansted, return, hotel confirmation, confirmation for a hire car for the Sunday, as I'm going on to visit my Mum, and two changes of underwear.

*lines up smiley - birosmiley - birosmiley - birosmiley - birosmiley - biro*

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

I hope we remember to propose a toast to

- absent friends
- departed friends

Ready for London

Post 26

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm very surprised about the German ID card being sufficient. I was always told that because the UK and Ireland didn't sign the Schengen agreement, a passport is still essential.

Ready for London

Post 27

Malabarista - now with added pony

No, the ID card is enough. smiley - ok Nothing to do with Schengen, just the EU.

(smiley - envy Have a good time, everyone! I'm....going to a car boot sale in Dungannon. That's exciting too, right? smiley - winkeye)

Ready for London

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

We were certainly told in Ireland by the Government that we do need passports to travel to Europe, even though we are all in the EU, and the only reason that Germans don't need them to travel to France, for example, is because they are both in the Schengen agreement.

Ready for London

Post 29

You can call me TC

We - Brits and Irish - do need passports, because we don't have ID cards. What is the position in Ireland on ID cars, by the way?

Ready for London

Post 30

Superfrenchie

smiley - bigeyes ID cars? That wouldn't fit in a wallet, would it? smiley - winkeye

Ready for London

Post 31

No, it's just because you don't have ID cards, Gnomon smiley - winkeye They work for Romania, too, which is not a Schengen state.

Another good thing introduced by the Allies, the requirement to always carry ID smiley - zen

Ready for London

Post 32

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Prepaid discount hotel rooms...

Here I have a prepaid hotel room in London for three nights which I'm not going to use. So why not let anyone else use it? Nope, any changes are considered as (non-refundable) cancellations...

I find it a little hard to understand. The room is paid for and already let out, it can't really matter who sleeps there smiley - huh I was prepared to let another Meet goer use my room, but I can't due to stupid principles.

smiley - dragon

Ready for London

Post 33

A Super Furry Animal

Hotel pricing is quite sophisticated these days. Chains will use variables such as no-shows, time paid in advance etc. in their pricing. They will expect to sell on a number of rooms. This is how they are able to offer you a good discount in the first place.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Ready for London

Post 34

You can call me TC

I thought I'd got a really good deal with mine - 115 pounds regular, most websites offered 80 Euros, except for one, where the price was 69.90. I booked it, and then noticed that that was the price in sterling smiley - doh

Ready for London

Post 35

Beatrice

Still cheaper than what I paid for it TC!

Mala, at your car boot sale could you look out for a large celtic-y brooch? I need one to fasten my tartan sash for Scottish dancing, and boot sales are a great place to pick up that sort of thing.

Ready for London

Post 36

smiley - ok Will do, Bea. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post