A Conversation for The Canadian Researchers' Club

SIGN ME UP!

Post 41

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

The Yukon reminds me that a few years ago, a student from the Yukon applied at one of the Universities, either Ottawa U. or Carleton, and was told that he would have to pay the "foreign student fee".

Mystified, he enquired why.

Because anyone not from a Canadian province or territory must pay foreign student fees, he was told....

Of course, that went over VERY WELL in the press, as you can imagine!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 42

pixie

welcome to the group all smiley - smiley
That woman is a genius for coming up with the Hockey night in Canada theme..she is now one of my fave women smiley - laugh
Now if we only had cujo back and got to the cup things would be good..
LF
smiley - fairy

SIGN ME UP!

Post 43

pixie

omg I cant believe that.. you think that someone in that postion would be a little bit brighter when it comes to Canadian geography..

SIGN ME UP!

Post 44

Belle {Stunning red-head, more insane than brilliant, really... Keeper of the Top Ten lists...CDN}

Put my name down... if anything is still happening here...

I'm from New Bothwell, MB... which is just south of Winnipeg. You can say I'm from Wpg. I work and play here, only sleep in Bothwell!

Thanks!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 45

pixie

Hi Belle smiley - smiley
C'mon in!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 46

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - yikes Sorry, Belle I should have told you about this place. It is still building and it is still active, the latest conversation is about Canadian jokes, so get your pencil sharpened and prepare to make some up about us Westcoasters!

smiley - cheers

SIGN ME UP!

Post 47

YukonWolf

Mudhooks, I'm not saying anything. But it's given me an idea of where we can send the waste from our dog yards (!)

SIGN ME UP!

Post 48

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I hope you don't mean the Left Coast, but the university instead. We get enough refuse from the rest of Canada as it is! smiley - laugh

SIGN ME UP!

Post 49

Re: the dog poo....

On a fine Spring or Autumn day, and many days in Winter, the odor would hardly be noticed in Ottawa.

In Fall, they fertilize the Experimental Farm and AgCan fields with liquid piggie poo. In the fall you nearly collapse from the smell, and in Spring, when the ground thaws you have the terrific reminder of the Fall sprayings.

In Winter, when the wind is from the north, you get the delightful odor oozing down from the pulp and paper mills in Thurso. Smells like 60 million pots of cabbage being cooked.

Mind you, this is nothing on the horrific stench at Terrace Bay on Lake Superior, downwind of the huge Northern Ontario paper and pulp operations. We stayed there ONE night and I smelled it for a week afterwards. It still turns my stomach to think of it... and THAT was in 1977!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 50

YukonWolf

Don't worry zoomer I was referring to the university.
smiley - smiley

SIGN ME UP!

Post 51

Ram0na (seems that I've lost my sock againl)

Hi I'm from the east coast. Should capitalize that I guess. East Coast. I see that there doesn't seem to be many EastCoast people here. Or they're just lurking about like I do.

I hope that it's still not to late to sign up.

I'm living here in Moncton, New Brunswick having emigrated from Calgary a few years ago.

smiley - smiley

SIGN ME UP!

Post 52

Welcome!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 53

pixie

Welcome to the group smiley - smiley
It's never to late to sign up, we're always here..
Just jump right in

Lonefaery

SIGN ME UP!

Post 54

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Hellooooo! From one of the *other* coasts. Welcome!

smiley - cheers

SIGN ME UP!

Post 55

flounderingone

Yipee. Sign me up! Thanks.

SIGN ME UP!

Post 56

Welcome!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 57

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Where are you from, what do you like, who did you vote for and regret later?

smiley - cheers

SIGN ME UP!

Post 58

PhantomObserver

Hey, you can sign me up too!

I AM CANADIAN

Post 59

KC

Hey there!

I'm very new to the H2G2 community, but I am definitely Canadian...born in ON, raised in AB, worked in AB/BC/SK, and currently residing in Northern AB (north of Edmonton).

Glad to see that there is something of a Canadian communitee here.

I AM CANADIAN

Post 60

anhaga

Welcome!

I don't actually have the "sign up" authority, but welcome.

Here are a few places that may be of interest:

First, the edited entry on Canada, which was sort of a collective production: A53443

Next a thread with a frightening title but it's (mostly) friendly: F19585?thread=288980

and, of course, the Chief Gordon Lightfoot thread, which has been going on for a long time, so I'll link you to the recent stuff: F19585?thread=252800&post=3718549#p3718549

again, welcome. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask anybody.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more