A Conversation for communication difficulties

Peer Review: A1036027 - communication difficulties

Post 1

reg/petro

Entry: communication difficulties - A1036027
Author: Researcher 225598 - U225598

some of the difficulties which i have come accross, within the use and aplication of everyday forms of communicating to other people.

A1036027 - communication difficulties

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hmmm... This is an interesting piece, but I'm thinking that it might be better situated as a journal entry, or maybe as regular old guide entry from your personal space.

Here in Peer Review, we're working towards getting entries in shape for the Edited Guide -- have you had a chance to look at the Writing-Guidelines yet? They might give you a better idea of what we're looking for.

It's not that there's anything wrong with your entry -- it's just that it's about *you*, it's a personal entry, and so it's better suited to your personal space. Entries that go into the Edited Guide, on the other hand, tend to be much less personal and more communal -- for example, they don't use first person -- no "I" or "me" or "my".

smiley - smiley
Mikey

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I'm agreeing with Mikey here. Nothing wrong with the piece, hwoever it's really in the wrong place. If , on the other hand, you wanted to re-write it as a general piece (providing there's not another entry on the subject - don't know - I've not checked), it may then be suitable.

What do you think?

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 4

reg/petro

Fair enough, if its in the wrong place then its in the wrong place, when i fiqure out how to move it, then i will. thanks for your comments, and i will see what i can do. i suppose that it may well have come across as being of a rather personal nature. i am still new to this site, which is my only excuss for being rather bad at it. Sorry, but thanks agian for the tip.
Reg/Petro.

Post 5

J

Don't be sorry, everyone makes this sort of mistake when they're new smiley - cheerup

You can remove it by clicking the 'remove' or 'x' button next to your entry on the PeerReview page smiley - smiley

smiley - blacksheep

Post 6

Cyzaki

Have you thought any more about moving this entry? Maybe you could look into submitting it for the Post?

smiley - panda

Post 7

Bob McBob

Yes, get it intt <./>ThePost</.>, I'm sure they'd love to have it. Or you could put into the Writing-Alternative. There seems to be the normal stuff in there at the moment.

You may also like to change this to GuideML, so you can put headings in. Look in the help for info, or leave me a message and I'll get back to you (around christmas, but I'll get back)

Post 8

Cyzaki

Hello? Are you still there, reg/petro?

smiley - panda

Post 9

FordsTowel

It could be made 'edited guide' possible by taking out the first-person flavour. Start by just changing all of the 'I' references to 'you' and straigten the grammar appropriately.

Good Luck,
smiley - towel

Post 10

GreyDesk

As the author is having some trouble removing this from PR (a digibox issue perhaps?) Do you think we should give them a hand?

Propose move back to entry.

Post 11

GreyDesk

smiley - whistle

Post 12

Geggs

Seconded.

There you go, that's the three done.smiley - winkeye

Geggs

Post 13

GreyDesk

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more