This is the Message Centre for smurfles

Just waiting!!

Post 1

smurfles

I suppose you have to imagine the scene here!!
My daughter was meeting someone,so was parked up in the car.It's really busy at this time of the day,and she was taking in what was going on round her.Two people passed her,one with a baby in a carrying sling,the other pushing a buggywith a new baby in it.There was a ball game going on ,on the pitch next to where she was parked,and she was amazed at the really bad language that was going on between the players,with no intervention from the ref!!
A couple of people were watching ,enjoying the fresh air,and having a smoke!!
A normal day apparently you'd say.....except she was waiting for her 13 year old daughter,and all these people were pupils,coming out of school!!

Just waiting!!

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

It's been like that for a long time, now smiley - erm

Just waiting!!

Post 3

smurfles

I have five teenage grandchildren lil,and i'm not a prude,or old fashioned,but what happened to respect and disciplinesmiley - yikes

Just waiting!!

Post 4

Shhhhh

smiley - yikes

The Headteacher and the governors need to be written to smiley - grr

But Lil might be right smiley - wah

A sign of these advanced days we live in smiley - sadface

Just waiting!!

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

That went out with the cane, when the namby pamby's took over smiley - rolleyes

Just waiting!!

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

manners/respect and discipline went about 25 year ago and in the last 10 years or so, another word left us = "NO", say that to someone now and it's "you can't say that!it's against my human rights"

forget Doncaster,smiley - spacesmiley - spaceF1926355?thread=4613378 alt="smiley - space" title="space" class="smiley" src="http://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_space.gif"/>smiley - spacebhomb Brussels smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Just waiting!!

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

err!

F1926355?thread=4613378

Just waiting!!

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

I don't live anywhere near a school so I wouldn't know how it is here. I guess it's not too different, though.

Just waiting!!

Post 9

Websailor

I do Bel, and it's a good school by today's standards but I agree with everything that has been said.

I don't have a car and travelling on buses or going shopping requires ear plugs. I agree with Prof. 'No' has gone out of the window, as has 'I can't afford it' and a whole lot more.

In fact I am not even going to get started on the subject or my BP will go up.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Just waiting!!

Post 10

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi sal
-
when i was young we had some colourful language, but nothing like some talk now lol
-
you only have to go back over the old, memeorylane, to see the changes appearing now,the kids dont care about who it is, old or young. even some of the music is something we wouldnt dare play on a bus.
-
smiley - dragon jim xxx

Just waiting!!

Post 11

smiley - winkeyemany many moons agosmiley - biggrinin junior school, you had to look round to see if no teachers about, before you "dare" use the word "bugger"smiley - laughsmiley - laughotherwise clip round't ear
now! F and B etc are part of everyday language.

I brought my 2 kids up, to the fact that those who swear with every other word, are just showing themselves up! that they didn't learn much of the English language while at school(if they went)and have very little or zero intelligence to pass on to their childrensmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Just waiting!!

Post 12

Smudger879n

Aye! its not just the language that's got worse, its moral standards in generalsmiley - erm
No one has time for anyone any more, its a dog eat dog world out there nowsmiley - sadface
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Just waiting!!

Post 13

smiley - winkeyewe got time for each other on here thoughsmiley - smiley

Just waiting!!

Post 14

frenchbean

And we have manners and moral standards too smiley - ok

Just waiting!!

Post 15

100% fully agree FB

Just waiting!!

Post 16

smurfles

So,is this just showing off in front of their mates,or what they've adopted as normal everyday behaviour??smiley - yikes
My grandchildren have been brought up the same as my children were,well mannered,and to respect other people,and each other.I don't doubt that they let off steam when they're with mates,but I'm glad i was a strict mum,and my girls have passed it on to theirs.

Just waiting!!

Post 17

Smudger879n

Yea! spot on! Our one and only friend, the old lay who lives over the road from us, told us that this used to be great neighbourhood at one time, and I must admit we have seen it go right down hill in the 7 years we have lived (survived) heresmiley - sadface
Oh! God, I wish we could leave here, but we are trapped as we bought this and now cant get a mortgage to move away, probably wouldn't get the market price for this place anyway, as its now a "low demand" area?
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Just waiting!!

Post 18

smurfles

It makes you wonder what's happening in the world Smudgersmiley - sadface
There are few caring communities anymore,maybe people knew each others business,but there was always someone to help out in emergencies,and over the years we developed real friendships!!!It wasn't unheard of to give a neighbours child a clip round the earsmiley - laugh.Now it's assault!!!
I think you're probably in the majority,rather than the minoritysmiley - grr

Just waiting!!

Post 19

Smudger879n

Yea! I think you are right there, we have not made any friends down here at all, that's probably we have nothing in common with the neighbours here, or that I am not working any more so I don't get out much to meet other folk at all. Even when I was working here at first, I was given a wide berth by all the other staff at that station, as I was labeled a "bad boy" after I had won my case to be reinstated after they fired me illegally?
Mind you, they didn't hold up their end of the contract that was made up after I was re-employedsmiley - sadface
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Just waiting!!

Post 20

JINTY. ...back in circulation again

hi sshhhhhh
hows you doing long time since i was in here
jinty x x

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for smurfles

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more