A Conversation for Day of days

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A951329 - Day of days

Post 1

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Entry: Day of days - A951329
Author: Captain A.J. Rimmer, ACE, Scout and space adventurer - U189740

I've not come very far but I really would like peoples opinions on what I've written to this point.
I might have made some mistakes or explained too hard or too little.
Mind you- it's far from finished.

A951329 - Day of days

Post 2

spook

i might be able to help. maybe.

A951329 - Day of days

Post 3

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

How much maybe?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 4

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Alot maybe maybe?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 5

The HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy Spaced Out Edition

maybe

A951329 - Day of days

Post 6

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

What kinda maybe?

(ie stop talking about maybe)

A951329 - Day of days

Post 7

spook

dunno. how many kinds are there?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 8

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Do you actually have a suggestion?
(and I think there might be 3 or 4 kinds)

A951329 - Day of days

Post 9

spook

i'll read it through properly and comment and sugets changes etc at the weekend for you.

A951329 - Day of days

Post 10

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

thanks- I think its either 5 or 6 MAYBE more though...

A951329 - Day of days

Post 11

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Not the most active single thread here.

A951329 - Day of days

Post 12

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Actually, this probably is the most active thread in CWW! CWW has become something of a graveyard recently.
Can I suggest you put this through a spell-checker? And also, that you proof-read it. Just so it is easier to understand. smiley - ok
Also, the title of the entry doesn't really tell the reader what it's about. Can I suggest you change it to "Operation Overlord"?
You might want to mention that most of the junior soldiers involved in Operation Overlord weren't exactly well prepared or well trained, as they had either just been drafted or just finished training. Most of them hadn't seen active service before D-Day.
Maybe a reference to the fact that the operation wasn't a huge success as far as the para-troop regiments were concerned. They got dropped in the wrong place half the time and some were shot out of the air.
smiley - erm Can't think of much else at the moment... there were these vehicles that ferried troops from the ships to the beach, but their name escapes me...
Nice entry. Hope it gets into the EG! smiley - cheers
Oberon2001

A951329 - Day of days

Post 13

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Well sure it wasn't such a huge succes for paratroops but they did make a lot of succesful victories during d-day and the days following and they did suceed in their main goal, cutting off supply lines, even if it took some time to find all their companies.
I know 101 was scattered all over Normandy but I think the british ones did better- or am I talking crap?
Most of them hadn't seen active service yet, but most of them had been training quite long, I think the paratroops trained for about a year, some two years.
I'll check spelling later, now I'm waiting for opinions until I start writing about d-day itself.

Thanks alot for the help!

A951329 - Day of days

Post 14

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Alright, finished part on Juno beach.

Inputs anyone?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 15

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Sword and gold done- anyone?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 16

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Me again!
I quite like the fact that you've changed the title, more people will know what the entry is about now.
I just wondered why you didn't put in anything about the para-troopers lack of success in terms of where they were dropped and the resistance they met, etc. And also about soliders not having seen active service (though they had been training for a year or more some of them)
Other things -
- The first letters of all months should be in capitals (ie, June not june) . Ditto World War Two right at the beginning.
- Don't use exclamation marks two paragraphs in a row. Looks a bit smiley - silly.
- My point about spell-checking still stands, make sure you do it before you go into Peer Review, otherwise you'll get a *really* long posting from someone about it and it'll make the entry look bad when it really isn't!
Like I said before, I really like this entry and think it'll be a worthy addition to the Guide. Well Done! smiley - ok
Oberon2001

A951329 - Day of days

Post 17

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

The Paratroops are coming but I'm not there yet- I still got two beaches left then I'll wright about 101st and others.
I'll spellcheck it finally.

Thankyou alot, glad you like it so far!

A951329 - Day of days

Post 18

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

I think it's done for PR now, anyone disagree?

A951329 - Day of days

Post 19

Rübezahl, hillgiant by profession

If not this what else!!!

great, great, great...

this expands my lesson in history kind of. Yes sir. smiley - smiley

TFtF
RBZHL

Key: Complain about this post