A Conversation for The Armenian Genocide

Very informative!

Post 1

Atari - Tok'ra (With my symbiote Jullinar)

I'd just like to say thanks for making this entry. I knew an Armenian genocide had happened but I knew nothing about it. This entry showed me, and you are right, there is a danger of this being forgotten. Let's hope it never does smiley - smiley.

Atari smiley - biggrin

Very informative!

Post 2

Skankycode [bound for bed without dessert]

I had no idea! I'll acknowledge that I'm no history buff, but I'm still shocked that I've never heard of this atrocity. smiley - sadface
Thanks for this article. Things like this shouldn't be forgotten.

Very informative!

Post 3

If you do want to get interested in history maybe you could look at my entries at A900064 and A906815smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

Very informative!

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Excellent article - but I had no idea either that this had happened!smiley - sadface

Very informative!

Post 5

And the Turkish goverment still denies it happened!

Very informative!

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, they still today deny that their police force uses torture in their efforts to become members of the EU

Very informative!

Post 7

They should come clean about it, then stop it

Very informative!

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah - that sentence didn't quite come out like I intended it too - ...they deny in their efforts to become... not use torture in their efforts to become...

Very informative!

Post 9

smiley - laugh

Very informative!

Post 10

trakian

sorry but it is not very informative.
sorry that non of you have any idea of what has happened during these years.
the guy tells you about some historical events, and all of you just believe in whatever he says.
you say it is a genocide, i believe it is a massacre.
and be sure it is notü the only massacre that has been in these years, around that geography.

if you are really interested in history, just look for some other sources, and you will see that:
- armenians in ottoman empire has helped the invading russian troops in many ways.
- illegal armenians gans also have killed lots of turkish and muslim orieanted people before what is called genocide.
- many western countries have helped rebellious armenians to fight against their own country, ottoman empire.
- armenians were living between the frontline of ottoman-russian war and the capital of ottoman empire, and they were trying to cut the link between so that ottoman troops would be left between two russian troops and armenian troops.
- ottoman authorities had to find a way to carry armenians to other places.

there is nothing wrong till that. usa had relocated lots of japanese-americans during world war 2.

the problem is that ottoman authorities could not be able to protect armenians during this relocation process. and yes, this is a crime! this is one of biggest crimes of the history.
but it is not a genocide, cause it was not planned before. and it was not for all the armenians living in ottoman land.
the armenians living in other parts of ottoman empire were not effected from that process. cause the problem was only with the armenians who were an importand threat between the ottoman capital and war frontline. if it was a genocide against armenians, than all armenians would be killed. but that was not thne case.

as a last word: during russian ottoman war in 1877, 2 million turkish,muslim oriented people were killed by russian and bulgarian troops. during tha balkan war, 1.2 million turks and muslims were killed by greek, serbian and bulgarian troops and gangs.

these are also very very big crimes.
tehese are also genocieds.

but none of you would want to talk about these.
cause when your country or your religion commits a crime, you can forget it.
but whenever some other countries especially from different cultures and religion commit crimes, they are genocides!
come on, read a little bit.
crime has no religion or race.

for example, do you know, for 700 hundred years of ottoman empire, in most of the important positions of the empire, armenian, greek or some other non-turkish or non-muslim people were employed and they leaded the empire? could you ever see a jew in the cabinet of hitler? but there was armenians in the ottoman cabinet during the so called genocide.
so don't be funny you don't employ people in the cabinat from a race that you want to destroy.

Key: Complain about this post