A Conversation for The Cathedral of Terry Pratchett

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A870149 - The Cathedral of Terry Pratchett

Post 1

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

Entry: The Cathedral of Terry Pratchett - A870149
Author: werekitty - U193430

I need help writing some articles on the different characters books and tapes by Terry Pratchett. I want to make a giant forum where people can discuss his work.

A870149 - The Cathedral of Terry Pratchett

Post 2

Oberon2001 (Scout)

smiley - erm werekitty, you might want to consider sending this to the AWW, seeing as it isn't going to be destined for the EG (that is what you said, right?)
Also, when you consider this to be at least semi-complete you could launch it properly in ThePost just a though smiley - ok
Oberon2001

Post 3

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

I don't know what all those things mean smiley - laugh

Post 4

Oberon2001 (Scout)

smiley - sorry My fault, i was in a rush at the time.
Ok, AWW = Alternative Writing Workshop. It's a review forum, same as Peer Review or the Collabrative Writing Workshop, except this Review forum is for stuff/ideas unsuitable for the Edited Guide, i.e. short stories or fan clubs, etc.
EG = Edited Guide. The portion of h2g2 which is official... ish.
The Post = The newsletter of h2g2. Can be quite good, and this is where stuff from the Alternative Writing Workshop usually gets published/promoted.
smiley - erm If you ever come across other abbreviations on h2g2 and you don't know what they are, chances are they'll be over at A632431, a kind of h2g2 dictionary.
Oberon2001
PS, do you get my previous post now?

Post 5

Yes, thankyou.. smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Oberon2001 (Scout)

Are you going to submit this to The Post eventually? Cos it would probably be a good way of attracting more people.
Oberon2001

Post 7

Yes, yes I shall. When I've done some more you can help me work out how to submit it!

Post 8

Oberon2001 (Scout)

sure thing smiley - biggrin

Post 9

*hugs oberon for just being great*
smiley - hug

Post 10

PQ

I didn't think that truckers, diggers and wings were called the bromeliads, I thought it was the nome series?

Also don't forget corporal Nobby and seargent thingy (can't for the life of me remember his last name, first name fred, the fat watchman), and of course Detritus and the dwarf who joined the watch at the same time as angua. Carrot is a captain later on in the books and starts off as a lance corporal so it might be better to just call him Carrot Ironfoundson (its something like that).

Then there are all the CMOT dibbler clones (disembowel-myself-honorably)

And all the characters who are important in only one of the books (pyramids(pteppic, the pyramid builders, his dad his friend and his sister and the evil priest spring to mind)? moving pictures)?

It might be worth splitting out the characters into different groups (the watchmen, the witches, the wizards, death&friends have all had series' of books written about them) + the one offs and the generics (CMOT dibbler, death and nobby seem to appear in most books)

There are also the spin off books, the science of the discworld 1 and 2 and unseen university challange quiz book + maps of the disc, ankh morpork, lancre and death's country.

PQ (pratchett smiley - geek)

Post 11

THANKYOU! discworldspythonist is helping me out as is oberon smiley - biggrin. I'll reorder them soon.
ps. interesting name...

Post 12

There. now you're on my list smiley - grr
no, don't worry. It's my list of writers... smiley - biggrin
*winces at the poor attempt at humour*
Thanks for the help. Good ideas! smiley - biggrin

Post 13

Miztres

I'd love to help!

smiley - wizard

Post 14

smiley - cuddle
GReat!
Pick your fave character and write a short entry on them Then I'll link to it smiley - biggrin

Post 15

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

smiley - blackcatsmiley - biggrin Werekitty, it's going to be extremely difficult to restrict myself to just ONE 'favourite' TP character - looking at my groaning bookcase I seem to have most of the books he's written!smiley - cheers
smiley - yikes Will make a serious attempt to write something worth reading for your project, I'm currently floating at a 'loose end' looking for a fresh source of inspiration for some creative writing ...smiley - blackcat

Post 16

smiley - biggrin
Write one for any character or book you want to!
The more the better!

Post 17

Miztres

I'd like to do the talking dog but for the life of me I can't think of his name.
Any idea who I'm referring to? In the meantime I think I'll to Eskarina who was the first female wizard in 'Equal Rites'.

I see I have some research to do. I'll get back to you when I have something solid.

smiley - wizard

Post 18

gaspode

Post 19

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

you dont have Mort himslef listed in the character list - can i do a bit on him if no-one else is?

smiley - cheers

Mort smiley - laugh

Post 20

surely you can! The more help. The less I have to do. Entries on books are welcome also as mine are short and crap.

Key: Complain about this post

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A870149 - The Cathedral of Terry Pratchett

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more