This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Should I count my eggs?

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Well...the saga of my impending redundancy has taken quite a turn!!!

If I leave before the date they've given me, I won't get any extra money. Never mind.

I've been to register with an agency for permament employment and you just wouldn't believe the stroke of good fortune!!!

The other day I went through the yellow pages phoning up accountants trying to see if they needed any clerical staff...but I missed one out!!!

The one accountants I didn't ring, need someone just like me!!! smiley - biggrin

The agency have put me forward straight away and consider that it will be the new year for when they want someone to start.

If I get this job, I will be able to just walk straight in, sit down, and get on with my work without being shown what to do!

*crosses fingers*

Please pray for me that I get this job! smiley - grovel

Should I count my eggs?

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I wish you lots of smiley - goodluck, I'll keep my fingerrs crossed for you. smiley - hug

Should I count my eggs?

Post 3

Icy North

Keep looking, Vicky - lots can happen between now and the new year - don't pin all your hopes on this.

(but good luck, too! smiley - goodluck)

Should I count my eggs?

Post 4

Yet another change.

The staff partner has just been on the phone to me and said that yes, they will still pay me my redundancy money, even if I leave before the 1 March.

Secondly, they have told me that I am no longer contracted to work my notice period of 1 month. This means that I can just walk out as soon as I get a job! smiley - somersault

Should I count my eggs?

Post 5

Icy North

Get it in writing.

Drop them an e-mail with what they said and ask them to confirm that it is correct.

Trust nobody - see these scars? smiley - bruised

Should I count my eggs?

Post 6

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - goodluck

knock them of their feet!

Should I count my eggs?

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

Icy speaks sense, but sounds v.good.
When counting, it is always wise to be sure you are eggsactly right.

Should I count my eggs?

Post 8

smiley - groan

Should I count my eggs?

Post 9

Icy North

Have you been poached before?

Should I count my eggs?

Post 10

I'm warning you... smiley - fish

Should I count my eggs?

Post 11

Steve51

not before they hatch...I wish you smiley - goodluck VV...if all else fails, come to sunny Australia, plenty of work here for you...smiley - cheers

Should I count my eggs?

Post 12

Icy North

Take your cricket bat, VV. No experience necessary.

Should I count my eggs?

Post 13

Steve51

damien martyn has just retired...VV can replace him...smiley - rofl

Should I count my eggs?

Post 14

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

smiley - yikes And I thought this thread was going to be about bringing progeny into the world... smiley - groan

smiley - goodluck though!

Hope it doesn't involve excessive driving. smiley - winkeye

smiley - ok

smiley - musicalnote

Should I count my eggs?

Post 15

owlatronas

im sure its in the bag as they say hun smiley - hug

andysmiley - bat

Should I count my eggs?

Post 16

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

smiley - goodluck

I work for HMRC and finally have a role I enjoy, with people I like. Thanks to political point scoring the civil service is losing 100,000 employees (you think you've got trouble getting through to the Tax Credit office now? You ain't seen nothing yet...) so I'm very much in limbo. The shat won't hit the fan for three or four years but I was hoping to have this job and subsequent advancement for the next twenty odd years. I'm fed up of changing jobs and have finally settled. Thanks Mr Gordon Brown!

Key: Complain about this post