This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

G's mum has cancer

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Over many, many years, G's mum has been a sun worshiper. Around 4 years ago, she discovered a couple of growths on her arm and back which she had removed as they were pre, pre cancerous, if you see what I mean.

She now has, what they call, a roving ulcer on her forhead. She did tell me the official name. The first part I can't remember, but the second part is carcenoma, which means cancer.

She goes in next week to have it cut out, but it may also have attached itself to the skull by then which means she will have to have the skull either scraped, or a bit removed.

It now seems that G's mum will be plagued by these growths for the rest of her life. She has been told to keep on top of them and not let them fester like the one she's dealing with now or she won't have long to live.

If she keeps having them removed before they have chance to grow, then she will be fine, but it only takes one. Just one.

G's mum has cancer

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - hug

G's mum has cancer

Post 3

Skankyrich [?]

Aww, love... smiley - cuddle

G's mum has cancer

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

So sorry to hear this. smiley - cuddle

G's mum has cancer

Post 5

I'm sure she will be fine if she is vigilant, but it just takes on to be missed and she will be in serious trouble.

They've now taken to photographing her skin close up and re-taking photo's every month to see if anything has changed.

G's mum has cancer

Post 6

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hug Give her a really big hug from me please smiley - hug

And some advice, the finding of these spots/growths is hard to do by yourself so i allways get someone else to have a look at the bits of me body i can't see, (don't trust a mirror) and if in doubt nipp alont to the doc's and have them look!

And if i can be of assistance just drop me a linesmiley - biggrin

RJR smiley - smiley

G's mum has cancer

Post 7

Captain T A Nuge, leader of the Clique (A3542186) Join today! -Back from the dead-

Self-checks should be easy enough to do, if theyre primarily in areas exposed to the sun.

G's mum has cancer

Post 8

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

hummm, having had the ol'carsomnoma me'self they can appear anywhere on your body! So having someone look is important and I meself have found that pictures of my skin is a usefull referance, so you can really see small changes that happen to your skin, but remember this organ changes all the time, so don't be in a panic if you see one, just visit the quacks!

RJRsmiley - smiley

G's mum has cancer

Post 9

Thanks Jack.

I'm sure between her husband and her daughter, they'll be fine.

They live down in Devon now, so it's not that easy to reach them if we need to.

G's mum has cancer

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cuddleall of you

smiley - cryI'm so sorrysmiley - cheerup

G's mum has cancer

Post 11

Thank you GB smiley - cuddle

Listen. You shouldn't be worrying about other people right now. You need to spend your precious time with your family.

We will all be here for you with open arms when the time comes.

G's mum has cancer

Post 12

smurfles

I hope all goes well ..and that no more "spots" appear.
It all sounds very promising...as long as she's careful,but it is scary.Send her a smiley - hug from me,will you?
oh.and a smiley - cuddle for GB too.

G's mum has cancer

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

din't have much of a talk, when we met over there, but wish her well for me please VV

G's mum has cancer

Post 14

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

VV, as always, my thoughts go out to you, especially at this time when you are trying to rally on two fronts.

Just remember, we will fight one front for you, you and G just look after the other and yourselves.

smiley - hugs smiley - kisses and smiley - cuddles as always.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Pop around if you need to!!! smiley - smoochsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post