A Conversation for Talking Point: Stuck in a Hole?

cats

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

the only thing that would get me through a long cold lonely night anywhere would be my cats. (not that i would want them stuck in a pot hole really as they would be cold and scared, but the comfort, love and purring takes away the lonliness and to cuddle up to them whilst help came would make it a bit easier. Not sure if i could cope with their toileting habits though smiley - erm

They make a nice warm fluffly pillow, they poke you in the eyes every so often when you are asleep just to make sure you are still alive and even 'paddle' in your hair which makes a very good head massage! and the purring is very soothing.

Failing that, a huge bar of chocolate (and i mean HUGE) would help!


cats

Post 2

Andrea Ortiz...used to want a coffeeshop...now I want a restaurant

I wish that I weren't developing cat allergies. And hadn't given up on touching cats because someone that I love gets asthma attacks from being around them. Cats that are taken care of very well by their owners are beautiful (it is the excess smell/hair from the cats that are not taken care of that causes my personal allergies).

Anyway...your description (minus the poking in the eyes) sound a lot like what people would wish their significant other to be like.


cats

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

you are probably right!.

I have been (and still am for all the difference it makes being in a long distance relationship) single for such a long time that i guess i do use my cats to fill the gap that caring for someone leaves.

Having said that, i grew up with animals and think that perhaps it's that i have never met someone that is as loyal, needing and devoted as them!

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head, i use them to fill the gap that might be filled by someone else. But i will stick to my cats i think. smiley - winkeye

It's a pity you are developing an allergy to them. They can give so much. (aswell as the occasional furrball smiley - erm)

Mort


cats

Post 4

Andrea Ortiz...used to want a coffeeshop...now I want a restaurant

I think that more people should try to emulate these qualities. The neediness part would not be good though...unless the person just brought out your maternal/paternal instincts in a good way.
Andrea


cats

Post 5

Andrea Ortiz...used to want a coffeeshop...now I want a restaurant

ah well...at least I can look at pictures of cats.


Key: Complain about this post