A Conversation for Talking Point: How Did You Discover the HHGTTG?

Obligatory Doctor Who references

Post 1

Smij - Formerly Jimster

It was also 25 years ago (just gone) that Douglas's first Doctor Who was broadcast - The Pirate Planet. It contained a fair few references that HHGTTG fans would spot and was recognisably 'Douglas'. His last script, Shada, was only two-thirds completed before it had to be abandoned because of a strike, but thanks to the people at Big Finish and BBCi's cult site, Shada will finally see the light of day this summer with Paul McGann stepping in as the Doctor. It's got some basic animation too, and the ten minutes I saw recently looked superb!


Obligatory Doctor Who references

Post 2

Jim Lynn

And, of course, 'City of Death' which is still the greatest Doctor Who story ever.

"You're a very beautiful woman, probably"

"What a wonderful butler, he's so violent"

"What's Scarlioni's angle?" "I never was very good at geometry"


Key: Complain about this post

Obligatory Doctor Who references

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more