h2g2 Maths Lab

84 Conversations

The symbol and figure of pi


Welcome to the h2g2 Maths Lab, a place to talk about mathematics!


Purpose


The Maths Lab is here to provide a focal point for mathematical discussions.


  • If you have some mathematical idea or theory that you'd like to discuss with others who share your interest, this is a great place to do it.


  • If you have a question about maths, whether it's a real-world application, a homework problem, or something you're just curious about, why not post it here? The h2g2 community is a fantastic source of knowledge on all topics, and mathematics is no exception.


  • If you're thinking of writing a mathematical entry for the Edited Guide, and you want a group of people to bounce ideas around, get feedback, and help hone your entry into an h2g2 masterpiece, then just post here!


  • If you enjoy mathematical games, brain teasers, numerical riddles, or (God forbid) maths jokes1, then this can be a great place to start a thread and match your wits against your fellow researchers.


  • Anything else you can think of for which a Maths Lab would be handy...


Membership2


There aren't any special qualifications for being part of the Maths Lab, all you need is to be interested in Mathematics, and want to talk about it. Different levels of experience notwithstanding, we're all students here, so roll up!


Current Members

So, you guys really like maths, huh?GTBacchusGnomonHenrySPinnipedCleoMarjinPencil QueenChrissix7sDr JustinBob the FarmerDogsterme[Andy]gDaveJohn LukeSkatehornSilverfishToy BoxBagpussLyssiaGo stick your head in a pigMaduinJeffTemporal BanditJohn x 3²Raymond the CurmudgeonWibble McWibbleCombattant Pour LibertePimmsIf the Universe is Infinite then I'm "a" CenterRandom_squiresOld HairyMuseSusanEvilAlBobbyjoe656Icy NorthDoug_the_Cat_LoverAdder


Q & A


We recommend that members subscribe to this page, so if you post a question with this form here, someone may come 'round and answer it.


[your question here]


Links


At h2g2


On the Web


If you know of anything else we should link to, just start a thread and say so!

1What's purple and commutative?2Members used to be called RMGs, but nobody seemed sure what that actually stood for. It's still a nice abbreviation to put after your name, if you're into that sort of thing. smiley - bigeyes

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A895205

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more