Escape Pod Dreams - 4

0 Conversations

If I take you at your word, will you take a hike?

The New New blob


We here at Irritating Public Radio, Your Friends In The Air, have had a sudden blow recently.

One of our corporate sponsoons has had to withdraw from the business arena and our support network. Cain Ableson's Cable Installation and Weatherstripping Service, of Percival Corners, Newton Oaks, Northumbriaville, Connecticut, who knows where, has suffered a little setback in the financial area. We will miss Mr and Mrs and Miss and Ms Ableson's intense interest in our cause and their marvellous cookies. The last we heard they were considering liquidating the firm's assets and buying a Macadam Stove to try their hand at car park surfacing.... and we've tentatively agreed to let them use our southeast lot for practice.

It's a strange week at IPR, YFITA, what with employees staying home ill with a particularly evil crud, and we would like to apologise for any fall-off in service. All complaints will still be cheerfully received, but this week they will also be cheerfully ignored until Frillby, the dustbin collector, gets out of hospital, then they will be cheerfully incinerated, using the finest Belgian Natural Gas...

The Programming: (such as it is)

1. 7:24 PM

I think the damage is temporary...
by S'all right? S'all right!

1. 8:57 AM

"Song of the Errant Plumbing", or, Pipe Them Pipes A'right, Laddy!
by Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

Tune in again next week, when we hope the antibiotics and the swine vaccines have kicked in.

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive


(tonsil revenge)


28.11.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A883910

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more