The h2g2 Post 01.07.24

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 1st July 2024

This week's title is The View from Here. Clockwise from upper left: poppies in a field, a montage of lenticular clouds over the Scottish landscape and seascape, a dog looking through a hole in a tree trunk, a aircraft in flight that has the silhouette of a beluga whale, a smiling sheep, the death mask of Lady Grace from Haddon Hall (she looks kind of like Pete Postlethwaite), a tiny, light-tan kitten with a 'who, me?' expression on its face, and some beautiful purple hollyhocks in bloom.

They're still a-roving, these roving reporters of ours. They look up, and down, and over, under, and through. They see wonders in the sky and water and on land. They find growing things and impudent wildlife. You're going to enjoy these glimpses of the things they found.

Ignore everyone who isn't us. They're trying to tell you that you need to argue about something. Why not just be still and wonder a while? You might hear that still, small voice that speaks wisdom to us all.

Been wise long enough? Okay, now read the jokes. They'll cure you of seriousness.

Your head's completely clear of coherent thought? Good. Now you're ready to read the fiction.

In the comic, er, graphic novel, er, whatever-it-is-with-pictures section, the Isle of Wight church fête keeps getting weirder. Paulh's story nears its interdimensional climax. Tavaron's space colonists find more things to complain about, while Caiman's teens are on tenterhooks about their final exams. FWR's story has more twists than a grass snake. Meanwhile, in first-century Potentia, some Romans are soaking their feet and plotting politics. Please read with an unprejudiced mind – i.e., unencumbered by the critical process – and the beverage of your choice.

Leave nice comments, please. Share with your friends and casual acquaintances. And have a relaxed week out there. (Send more Stuff.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Cover for The Building, DG's new book, available from Lulu.Cover for A Crime Has Been Committed, the latest omnibus book, available from Lulu.
Why should you buy
Proceeds go to site upkeep.
h2g2 fiction?
(Click the pic.)
Plus, they're fun to read!
(Click the pic.)


Quote of the Week:
Verbatim announcement on my train to Manchester: 'Sorry for the bovine incursion. We've got one brown one and one white one. . . The brown one is staring down the train in a game of chicken. I'll let you know as soon as we get them cleared or if they start working for network rail.'

Gareth Forest on Twitter

Honey bee on a flower, by Tavaron.


July Create Challenge:
A Sense of Summer


Video Extra:
The Peaceful Piesting
Click here in Ripley


EXPLORING, WITH SHEEP AND KITTIES
A Trip to the Randfontein Road

Crassula in flower by Willem.

MENTAL EXPLORATIONS

THAT'S OUR STORY AND
WE'RE STICKING TO IT


Chapter 23
Well-Met by Moonlight

Lives of the Gheorghenis by DG.

RARE SIGHTINGS



Peekaboo
Luna playing peekaboo, by Paigetheoracle.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
BIOLOGICAL EXUBERANCE


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88048957

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more