The h2g2 Post 27.02.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 27th February 2023

Cold Outside, Warm Inside

A very large icicle.Gochujans salmon and broccoli.

And…we're back! (Sort of.) As the Editors are still reeling from the shock of data loss (we'll sneak it all back in, don't worry, I have backups but only two hands) we rejoice that once again, there is a new issue of the h2g2 Post. Yes, it's mostly the issue you were supposed to have seen on 13 February. Oh, well: it's still February. It's still snowing in places. Extinct animals are still extinct. Our jokes are still fun-…oh, okay, two out of three ain't bad. Anyway, here's what we've got for you, and we hope you enjoy it.

Cold weather getting you down? We've got just the thing: some kitchen-tested recipes that will warm you up inside. (Thanks, FWR.) Plus humour and fiction and interesting photos to look at. Snuggle up with the domestic animal of your choice (once the kitty or doggy comes in from leaving footprints in the snow) and settle down to enjoy this week's issue.

Willem has no snow, but he has mad skills. He can recreate extinct animals. This week, he makes another one come to life: the amazing Tylosnuffleupagus. No, that's not right. The Tyrannosaurus Kefaloniae. Er, no… Just read it already and you can spell it yourself.

Bluebottle's imagination will take you where no comic has ever dared go before. Explore the parallel-universe Isle of Wight with him.

Our novelists are on top form this week. If you haven't been keeping up with the serial stories, don't worry: you can catch up by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page. They're up to Chapter 15 this week – which may (or may not) be the middle of the story. We demand fuzzily-outlined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Tavaron shows you Austria. FWR and SashaQ show you the Wirral. I show you snow on a wooden fence. (It's hard to see much else around here these days.)

Read, comment, send in your own recipes. Everybody's in a cooking mood this month.

Have a great week! Willem, remember the sunscreen. The rest of you, button up those overcoats and don't forget your gloves.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Why did the console gamer cross the road?

To render the buildings on the other side!


Tavaron
A bowl of hot soup.


February/March 2023 Create Challenge:
Winter Food


Video Extra:
42 Seconds of Cloud Action
Click here in Ripley


PIÈCES DE RÉSISTANCE
Tylocephalonyx

Tylocephalonyx, by Willem.

RESISTANT READINGS


WIRRAL WONDER


Egret

Egret in tree.


WINTER SCENES




Snow Candle
Candle in an igloo, by Tavaron.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88020650

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more