Join the Q: Wet Meadow Walk

1 Conversation

Join the Q: Wet Meadow Walk

Join the Q logo.

One damp day in July I went to RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands and explored a new area that has been opened up - a path through a meadow. On sunnier days, the meadow will be good for birdwatching, as Kestrels and other birds of prey may find food in there. However, on the day I visited, the birds were sheltering from the rain, but the wet weather provided the perfect conditions for other creatures to get out and about.

I must have seen at least 50 slugs of all different shapes, sizes and colours venturing out on to the boardwalk - one even climbed up my wheelchair while I was taking photos! A few snails were out as well. The highlight of the expedition was seeing a large toad1 as well as a small frog - both amphibians allowed me to approach them quite closely so I could take good photographs.

SlugSnail
ToadFrog

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

10.08.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Although it seemed to have a bad leg.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87993959

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more