Join the Q: Sea View Revisited

0 Conversations

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: Sea View Revisited

View of gulls and a wind turbine seen from the Wirral

Back in October, I went to the coast of the Wirral at high tide and saw Oystercatchers all in a row. The weather was windy and cool, but it was a pleasant day to be out and about even so, with white clouds and a hazy blue sky.

The weather in January had been surprisingly mild so I thought it would be very pleasant to go to the coast again and see what wading birds I could spot for my 2019 bird list.

By Murphy's Law the day before my trip was pleasant, and the day after my trip was pleasant weather-wise, but the day of the trip saw weather that was a few degrees colder and much, much windier. It was very easy for me to get to the vantage point, as I was almost blown there by the wind, but it was much more of a struggle to get back to the car again after I had finished admiring the view, as the wind took my breath away and whipped sand up from the beach into my face.

However, while I was at the vantage point I just about managed to take some photos without my camera being blown out of my hands. I didn't see any Oystercatchers this time, but there were plenty of Black-Headed Gulls in winter plumage, plus a few Lesser Black-Backed Gulls. The view was much more hazy, but still impressive to see, with white horses on the windswept sea water as the tide came in.

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

04.02.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87929185

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more