A Conversation for Outside

On the edge of town

Post 1

cactuscafe

Love that line, 'sometime later on the edge of town, the man stood in a meadow.'

Some great lines in here, 'crowds were better endured through old glass'.

I love the quoted conversations, really get a sense of the man's increasing disillusionment, almost like a panic perhaps, and the way he leaves even his book behind, walks out of there, deep breath, clears the High St and onward.

Ah, what a moment! when 'he began running, straight ahead, still undecided.'

Lake on the left, (with the ducks, in obvious satisfaction with the water quality heheh), tall trees, pleasant green gloom on the right, that's just so poetic.

Its that run that gets me. I won't forget that run. I know that run.

Great work, mister, and perfectly fits the pic, ah yes, the pic. smiley - kiss


On the edge of town

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks. smiley - smiley I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the photo prompt! smiley - hug


On the edge of town

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm sorry to disappoint you, Dmitri, but I got caught up on the idea of an overambitious bay window. What architect or glazier would deliberately design such a thing?

My thoughts ran to images of bay windows competing in the Boston Marathon, or writing salacious memoirs that land on the New York Times bestseller list. Maybe they work long hours for prestigious law firms (obviously incognito, as windows would not be credible as law partners). In their minimal spare time, they could be prised out of their law-firm nooks and inserted into the sides of vacation cabins, where they can enjoy the sight of fish jumping in the distant lake, and tourists taking pictures of the leafy trees.

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Outside

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more