A Conversation for Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-28

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The girls and I were to meet Tom and T at the campground, which I thought I knew how to get to, since we'd driven by it during one of the days we'd taken Notepad to school and were exploring the area instead of driving back to Cookeville and having to return to Gainesboro to pick her up from school. This certainty from someone who knows she has no sense of direction (and, even if I did, things look different from the driver's seat than they do from *behind* the driver's seat...). I was so convinced that the turn-off was between Gainesboro and the house that I didn't notice the sign pointing through downtown... (What *is* in between Gainesboro and the house is the high school, which, at 8 miles from the house, is about 1/3 of the way from that town.) By the time I realized that I wasn't seeing the highway Google directions had mentioned (wasn't running navigation, because it was *so* easy smiley - rolleyes) we were outside of cell service range, so couldn't figure out how to get there from here. I took a gamble and turned onto the highway that was to be the second turn, and did eventually arrive. It only took an hour longer than originally thought... As it turned out, we got there first anyway, and proceeded to wait. In shorts, sandals, and sleeveless tops. With no bug repellent. In the South. Not horribly far from a lake. At dusk and into dark. I still have flat red marks on my legs and ankles... I did have the girls go sit in the car for a while, but I stayed at the campsite to help the guys find it--I'd parked the car at the bathroom so that there would be plenty of room to back the camping trailer in.


Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-28

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

" no sense of direction (and, even if I did, things look different from the driver's seat than they do from *behind* the driver's seat...)."

Very true indeed...

Nasty about the bug bites still being red marks on your legs now - I hope they weren't too painful while they were lumpy...


Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-28

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

It takes a really long time for some things to fade on me--maybe because of my rosaceasmiley - shrug The bites didn't hurt, but did they ever ITCH...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more