A Conversation for Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Staying in Memphis, it was actually easier to space our remaining stops out reasonably.

Our next stop was in Franklin, Tennessee. As we we were walking to dinner, we made a discovery--in the motel parking lot was a horse trailer with zebras! Turned out there was a water buffalo and a tortoise in there, too. They were traveling to an animal rescue, we learned later, but the initial spotting of stripes in a horse trailer was quite a surprise.

The next day, we were off to Cookeville (or, as pronounced, "Cookev'lle") for our last La Quinta stay. By this time, the appraisal inspection had *finally* been done (it had been turned in on September 5, and it was now the 6th), so we knew that we had a bit to go yet, when the original timeline would've had us in possession of the keys 2 days earlier (though without them actually in hand until we got to Cookeville, it being the location of the title company/nearest city to the house). La Quintas are nice, have free hot breakfasts, and a great pet policy, but just too expensive for how much longer we had. I couldn't find *any* AirBnBs close enough to the house (or, more importantly at that point, the schools) that accepted pets and weren't just a place to camp. So we ended up at Motel 6 for a few days.


Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Zebras water buffalo and tortoise in a horse trailer is an impressive surprise smiley - laugh

Amazing what a difference a couple of days make in terms of hotel prices, I know... I don't know La Quintas or Motel 6, but I hope the Motel 6 had all the basics you needed so it wasn't too bad for the few days...


Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-26

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The main differences were decor, no free breakfast with Motel 6, and the fact that the dogs were supposed to be crated at Motel 6 if we weren't theresmiley - shhh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more