A Conversation for Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-24

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Now, Little Rock was as far as we'd made reservations for, and we learned that there don't seem to be as many La Quintas along our route in Tennessee as there had been--in fact, the one that we settled on, as the midway point for the last 2 days' travel, had pretty bad reviews on Tripadvisor, but the others on the route were either too close or too far for a day's journey. So we decided that it couldn't be *that* bad, since wed just need it for the one night. So we set off.

Then the truck got a flat tire. We had a spare, so that was taken care of. Then another flat... In the end, we bought 4 new tires at 2 different tire shops, and ended up staying in Memphis, which we had originally rejected as being ridiculously close to Little Rock--normally, a 2 hour drive isn't a day's journey. But the 8 hours it actually took certainly is!


Amy P's 2018 NaJoPoMo-24

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Wow...

Strange how it goes sometimes. Reminds me of a '2 hours = 8 hours' journey I once made - not only were there multiple diversions that meant I had to go several miles out of my way, but also a warning light came on at the halfway point so I had to call the AA and wait for them to arrive, check the car, fix the problem and send me on my way... Made me feel extra glad to reach my destination after that - a day's journey indeed!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more