A Conversation for FWR Najo 2018 Freedom Found

FWR Najo 15th - Dychwelyd

Post 1

FWR

15.

Gafael squinted up into the clear blue sky.

Not a cloud marred the summer day.

So why did she hear thunder?

The very ground trembled with the sound.

Fearing a landslide, or earth tremor, she had quickly guided her students out of the caves, into the sunlight.

Others had gathered, fearing the same, the community stood, puzzled at the sound, fearing that the mountain would crumble into the sea beneath them.

The noise grew, coming from down the hillside, from the direction of the old town.

Spirits of the Old Ones?

Mountain dwarves unhappy with their presence?

The Elders huddled together, meditating on the conundrum, seeking answers from the sky spirits, imploring the mountain to spare them.

A flash of light, sunlight on metal.

Then more.

Many more.

A noisy metal and leather serpent climbed the hillside, filling the pathway, never ending, roaring in its glory.

"Rhodri comes!"

The Elders moved as one, white robes billowing in the breeze, swords sheathed, arms open in welcome.

Closer now, they could see the King of the Wheel, riding at the head of the snake, leading his army, smiling, blue eyes blazing.


Key: Complain about this post

FWR Najo 15th - Dychwelyd

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more