Join the Q: Of Rabbits and Supermoons

0 Conversations

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q: Of Rabbits and Supermoons

I have mentioned before about the temptation to stare at the moon all day so when Galaxy Babe mentioned 31 January would be a Blue Supermoon, I hoped I would see it.

Not everyone was lucky with the weather - some of my friends reported thick cloud and even rain at the time when the moon was at its most impressive. There were a few clouds around here, but I fetched my new camera and decided to see what I could do to capture the scene. The photo of the moon shining through the clouds looked impressively atmospheric. However, I was very pleased to find that the clouds cleared for a while - just long enough for me to work out how to put the camera in the right mode to take a picture of the full moon in all its glory.

Soon after that, the clouds moved in again and it started to rain.

Super blue moonSuper blue moon with cloudsSheep with a blue hat
Teardrop bunnySilver blossom bunnyRabbit Tu's

When I was back indoors in the warmth, thinking about the moon led me to think about mythologies involving the moon. At the Lady Lever Museum recently I heard the Chinese tales about the hare/rabbit in the moon, and learned how to draw the Chinese symbol for 'rabbit', so that led my thinking to the Chinese Zodiac.

My Zodiac animal is the Sheep/Goat, so I have a bit of an affinity for sheep - in particular I like knitting sheep out of wool. My late partner's Zodiac animal is the Rabbit, so over the years my soft toy sheep have been joined by soft toy rabbits of various kinds (fortunately, they are compatible according to the Chinese Zodiac).

Two particular rabbits are my favourites. The Teardrop Bunny used to sit with my partner when she was on the computer, and now sits with me. The Blossom Bunny looked at me in a shop one day. When I picked it up off the shelf it was unbelievably soft and silky, so I couldn't leave it there and had to bring it home with me. Blossom sits on the sofa and enjoys being petted while I watch TV or daydream.

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

19.02.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87904687

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more